www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIII-A3/B4 TDIs

VW MKIII-A3/B4 TDIs This is a discussion about MKIII-A3/MkIII Jetta/Golf (<99.5) and B4 Passats (96,97) TDI's. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed.

Old February 15th, 2019, 15:30   #16
turbodieseldyke
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 98 jetta
Fuel Economy: 50

Wasn't suggesting them as a vendor, but a possible source of "dealer sales history".
turbodieseldyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2019, 15:28   #17
quartersaw
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Passat:44mpg Golf 52MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyopel View Post
I just got word back that they are accepting one of the upgrades, but will only take comps from dealers. No private sales. When is the last time anyone saw a b4v sold at a dealer? It seems I need to push the case on the rarity of these cars.
If all else fails, turn it into a pickup truck. There are kits out there for MkIV's, as a suggestion.
I feel your pain.I let my brother in law borrow my '96 B4V. He forgot to set the parking brake, and it coasted down the driveway, and the front end got mashed. I have it in my barn, and I'm determined to get it roadworthy again, in spite of 405K on the clock.......
quartersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2019, 12:32   #18
Steve Addy
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 97 Mk3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyopel View Post
I just got word back that they are accepting one of the upgrades, but will only take comps from dealers. No private sales. When is the last time anyone saw a b4v sold at a dealer? It seems I need to push the case on the rarity of these cars.
My advice, if you have another vehicle to use, is to drag it out as long as you can and just reject everything that comes your way. Eventually the management will want it settled and they will come to the table with better attitude.

As for accepting upgrades, continue to push for more consideration for work done and your improvements. They cannot just dismiss custom work. Continue to use the figures you have and just keep pushing ahead, I would not give them one inch since in the end they will pay you fraction of what it's worth. If you have to send duplicate letters with minor modifications then do that, and be sure and document everything you get from them, you want everything in writing so they can't back down later.

As for their use of only dealer sales I would ask for specific published documentation where that's stated and would suggest that maybe involve state insurance commissioner if necessary. This item specifically sounds like something they pulled out of their ass and I would bet it's not documented anywhere or is even enforceable. This may be something the state insurance commission can answer. At the very least you will want documentation showing that they've used this criteria before, with dates.

Hope you get what you want, unfortunately cars like this are outside the norm for insurance companies and they don't really have the time, or desire, to deal with them. They want quick settlements where people are confused and don't think about things lost. Getting these types to slow down and deal with you on your terms is difficult at best, but just remember you are in control and there is a limit to how much they can drag their heels. They need to resolve these before their company year end and closing their books for the year.

Steve

You didn't poison the coffee, did you? Not anymore than I usually do.
Steve Addy is offline   Reply With Quote