www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)

Upgrades (non TDI Engine related) The place of handling, lighting and other upgrades that do not relate to the performance or economy of the TDI engine. In other words upgrades to your TDI that don't fit into TDI Fuel Economy & TDI Engine Enhancements.Please note the Performance Disclaimer

Old February 13th, 2019, 20:59   #1
benmarks
Veteran Member
Default Power Memory Seats Question

About two years ago, I bought a Roadwire leather kit for my MK4 Jetta manual seats. At the time, I had the upholsterer replace the foam seat bottoms and the heating elements since they were cracked, pretty much creating like-new seats.

I am about to purchase a set of Jetta GLX power memory seats. How similar are these seats to mine? Specifically, would it be possible to take my seat backs and bottoms and transplant them onto the power memory seat frames so that I can retain my new leather and foam?
2004 Jetta TDI: VNT17, PowerPlus 1043 injectors, DieselKen exhaust, VXTuning HID's, Exor wheels, GLI interior, Roadwire leather, Bilstein Sports, 20th/337 brakes, MK5 antenna, illuminated shifter, ColorMFA Euro cluster, Malone stage 4, rain sensing wipers, auto-dimming mirror

Last edited by benmarks; February 22nd, 2019 at 12:36.
benmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2019, 10:12   #2
Nero Morg
Veteran Member

I know the bottoms simply unclip, foam and all. The backings are a bit more challenging to pull off without ripping. Only ever pulled a back off once, and it was at a pick n pull to buy a seat doing the same thing you are.
Midwest Light Creation's HID headlights
Nero Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2019, 02:36   #3
benmarks
Veteran Member

Without ripping the leather/fabric or the foam?
2004 Jetta TDI: VNT17, PowerPlus 1043 injectors, DieselKen exhaust, VXTuning HID's, Exor wheels, GLI interior, Roadwire leather, Bilstein Sports, 20th/337 brakes, MK5 antenna, illuminated shifter, ColorMFA Euro cluster, Malone stage 4, rain sensing wipers, auto-dimming mirror
benmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2019, 06:29   #4
RexNICO
Veteran Member

TDI(s): None

Quote:
Originally Posted by benmarks View Post
Without ripping the leather/fabric or the foam?
Yes, the bottom comes off by removing the large plastic trim around the base, compressing the cushion to free up the hard plastic edge that is tucked into the metal seat base and working around to the base.

As Nero mentioned removing the back is a MUCH tougher task.