www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old December 31st, 2018, 17:20   #16
bigb
Veteran Member

I got the low profile floor jack today for $89 with coupon and the ramps for 25% off.
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2019, 10:07   #17
adjat84th
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ~50 in mixed driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by 740GLE View Post
Would it be possible to store quick jack under the car in the garage? IE able to drive over them if they were centered under the car? space is kinda a premium in our garage.
You could, they're only about 2" tall when fully lowered.

'01 Jetta | 17/22, 3bar MAP, 11mm IP/Lift pump, PD 150, OMI, FMIC, PP502s, SBC st3, .685 5th, Malone Stage 5
'15 Golf | GTD1752vrk, 4bar MAP, CP3, Peloquin LSD, Sachs SRE w/DMF, Fluidampr
adjat84th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 11:57   #18
petee_c
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 5.6ish L /100km golf.... just under 10L/100km q7

maxjax for me... installed it in 2011.... Love it.

petee_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 15:12   #19
Nuje
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 1200km/tank (Mk4); 750km/tank (Mk7)

What capacity did you get? What does one of those go for?
Nuje is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2019, 06:48   #20
petee_c
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuje View Post
What capacity did you get? What does one of those go for?
mine was shipped for around $2000 + HST from costco.ca Was about the best price around for a Maxjax at that time.

It is rated for 6000lbs. I have worked on our q7 TDI with it... It barely fits, arms are fully extended...

Runs on standard 110v, the pump is now mounted on the back wall, and I added extra hoses that go up to the ceiling.

I get 48-54 inches of lift depending on what pads I use, and if I add a hockey puck or 2.

Pic of old q7 halfway up on lift... it has 2 height safety settings 24" and the 48" one The q7 can go up to the heigher height, as I have a 10' ceiling in the garage.

Last edited by petee_c; February 7th, 2019 at 06:56.
Old February 7th, 2019, 10:36   #21
Nuje
Veteran Member

Nice!!! One of these days I'm going to get around to cleaning my garage, levelling the floor, and then....!!

Speaking of the floor, looks like you poured "special" concrete for the MaxJax stands (?). Did you have to hammer out the existing concrete?
Old February 7th, 2019, 17:51   #22
bigb
Veteran Member

My vehicles have always been very big and heavy so that left me out when it came to the light duty lifts. Thinking about one now though, but it would still have to allow room to park my Superduty or my Express 3500 over it...they get the garage at night and the TDI sits outside next to the Infiniti FX-35.
Old February 7th, 2019, 19:04   #23
petee_c
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuje View Post
Nice!!! One of these days I'm going to get around to cleaning my garage, levelling the floor, and then....!!

Speaking of the floor, looks like you poured "special" concrete for the MaxJax stands (?). Did you have to hammer out the existing concrete?
MaxJax needs 4" of good concrete to hold the wedge anchors. I drilled a test hole with a 1/2" bit and measured, and I was just at 4", however I rented a SDS drill and 1"(?) bit to do the actual holes, and the hammer action of that drill may have broke out some of the concrete on the bottom side. Left me with about 3.75"

I talked with Dammar and ran my plan to cut out a 3x4' section under each post. I dug down and made each section 12" deep and dug out from under the floor about 4" on all sides to lock the new concrete to the old floor.

Each post now sits on a pier each measuring 3x4x1'. It's been fine for the past the 7+ years. If your garage floor is 4+" thick and good compression rating, you should be fine.

I did the concrete work myself, rented a concrete saw, and bought a small load of mixed concrete. The concrete added about $500 to the lift cost.
Old February 7th, 2019, 21:28   #24
Mike in Anchorage
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petee_c View Post
MaxJax needs 4" of good concrete to hold the wedge anchors. I drilled a test hole with a 1/2" bit and measured, and I was just at 4", however I rented a SDS drill and 1"(?) bit to do the actual holes, and the hammer action of that drill may have broke out some of the concrete on the bottom side. Left me with about 3.75"
I talked with Dammar and ran my plan to cut out a 3x4' section under each post. I dug down and made each section 12" deep and dug out from under the floor about 4" on all sides to lock the new concrete to the old floor.
Each post now sits on a pier each measuring 3x4x1'. It's been fine for the past the 7+ years. If your garage floor is 4+" thick and good compression rating, you should be fine.
I did the concrete work myself, rented a concrete saw, and bought a small load of mixed concrete. The concrete added about $500 to the lift cost.
With recent memory and consistent memory jars, how would the two point [in the concrete] and the four point [base of the car] do in a magnitude 7.0? I'm still getting the willies each time I'me even in the garage working on the interior with the car on the floor if an aftershock hits. Are there stabilization alternatives?
~ I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. Marilyn Monroe
2015 Tornado Red Golf TDI Sportwagen SE, new on 2 SEP 2017, DSG, big sunroof. Lovin it!
Mike in Anchorage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 11:44   #25
Nuje
Veteran Member

Isn't that what the rubber hockey pucks are for?
Old February 8th, 2019, 18:45   #26
petee_c
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Anchorage View Post
With recent memory and consistent memory jars, how would the two point [in the concrete] and the four point [base of the car] do in a magnitude 7.0? I'm still getting the willies each time I'me even in the garage working on the interior with the car on the floor if an aftershock hits. Are there stabilization alternatives?
I don't know what the earthquake rating is.

I also have jackstands that extend up to 60" if I'm doing something like hanging off a big breaker bar

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk