www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old January 3rd, 2019, 12:39   #16
MyTDIRocks

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreigbs View Post
As an option, consider using Carvana. They'll deliver the car to you, and if you're not pleased you can return it within 7 days for a full refund.
That's the route we took and our 2014 Jetta TDI "Premium" was a great experience.
YMMV
Funny, I've been looking on Carvana on and off for months and my search always came up empty (no cars matching my search). I might have to keep trying. I like the idea of the return policy with full refund. Do they refund the shipping cost too? (wouldn't that be nice )
MyTDIRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 06:57   #17
andreigbs
Veteran Member

No refund on shipping, no.

And I had to tweak my search to find them too. In some cases, not spelling out "TDI" or "diesel" in the keyword search helped. Then I could refine using the filters on the left side where you can select fuel type. Instead of "gas, electric, or hybrid," select "other."

This should bring up all diesels. Doing it this way just now brings up pages and pages of VW TDIs (and other diesels).
1997 Jetta TDI // 317xxx miles // 44 MPG - sold
1986 Golf Diesel // 224xxx miles // 48 MPG - totaled
andreigbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 14:32   #18
upsbroke
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: NB-52 hwy
Default Cpo

I purchased my '13 CPO JSW with 57k miles which was in very nice condition inside and out. When I got home and put it up on my four post lift, I was very surprised to see a lot of rust on the underneath suspension. As a result, I spent the weekend wire brushing rust and undercoating afterward. Lesson learned.
upsbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 15:03   #19
SoCalJT

TDI(s): 12 JSW 6-sp

I recently bought my '12 JSW TDI with 61k on it out of state... I flew from SoCal to Portland, OR and then drove it home. Wasn't easy finding a '12-14 white manual black interior jsw with a sunroof.

Used car lot, they took it to have it inspected for me at shop of my choice (only way I'll buy a car sight unseen... as I've bought many out of state) and the owner told me if I got there and for any reason I didn't want to buy it for what we agreed on, then he'd pay for my plane ticket there and back.

So far, have put about 4k miles on it and has been a great car.

Last edited by SoCalJT; January 9th, 2019 at 15:06.
SoCalJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 15:16   #20
bizzle
Veteran Member

Getting the seller's skin in the game seems to be one of the factors for increased success. The dealership I got my buddy's golf from came out of AZ but we meet them on the border, which was nearly a three hour one way trip and two vehicles for them. Cuts down on the shenanigans.
bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 07:14   #21
rams2500

TDI(s): 06 Jetta TDI

I would recommend going to see it. I just flew 900 miles to buy my 2015 passat. 43,000 miles. Looked at a couple near me but wasn't what I wanted. I was surprised how many flaws these cars can have being so young. I really wanted a 6sp manual. Mine was a cpo car. Figured it was a pretty low risk trip but I was surprised when I drove it. Needed front rotors. Not a big deal but not thrilled about working on a car I just bought that's certified. Don't know if that was pencil whipped but I wasn't gonna let that scare me away. And over the weekend so no service help. Overall I'm pleased with the experience but just be careful out there. My brother lived nearby so that made the trip more worthy to me as well. Good luck!
rams2500 is offline   Reply With Quote