www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs

Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs Discussions area for Audi Q7 and Q5 TDI (2009+ in Canada & the US) as well as others with the V6 TDI such as the A6, A7 and A8 sedans.

Old October 29th, 2018, 14:43   #31
hermantile

I'm late to the party, but just got into a '14 Q5 as a replacement for my '06 Jetta. The old BRM was calling for a cam and a DSG flywheel. It had been totaled by hail so there I couldn't see a point investing that much in it and after convincing the wife we moved up. The Q is a 29K mile buy back car. AEM performed by Audi and inspected by my local dealer. Really happy so far, I don't know how it performed prior to the fix making me very happy with how it drives compared to the old Jetta.
hermantile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2018, 21:23   #32
b4bill

I'm late too, but hoping to join the party. Wifey loves her manual shift 05 Jetta TDI and it's going strong with only 150k miles, but we're thinking of upgrading to a 15 Q5 TDI - which is a wow, beauty and a beast!
The price, $26k (66k mi), seems like a bargain. Is that simply due to dieselgate? or does it mean this car has not been 'fixed'? How do I find out?
Bill
b4bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2018, 05:57   #33
Mythdoc
Veteran Member

Default TDI veteran, now in Q5

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4bill View Post
I'm late too, but hoping to join the party. Wifey loves her manual shift 05 Jetta TDI and it's going strong with only 150k miles, but we're thinking of upgrading to a 15 Q5 TDI - which is a wow, beauty and a beast!

The price, $26k (66k mi), seems like a bargain. Is that simply due to dieselgate? or does it mean this car has not been 'fixed'? How do I find out?

Bill

Prices took a hit due to dieselgate, no question. Your opportunity. Itís unlikely the car did not go through the fix. Look for a sticker under the hood.

2015 Q5 TDI w/ Chipwerke tuner, 36K Miles. Post fix MPG: 33.9
2015 Golf TDI SE, Lighting Package, 16K miles
2011 Touareg TDI (sold back, May 2018); 2015 Golf TDI S (totaled, Oct 2018)
Mythdoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2018, 06:07   #34
Tom_B
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4bill View Post
Bill
If you can't access the vehicle to look for the sticker but can get the VIN, use the link below.
https://audidiesellookup.com
Old December 21st, 2018, 07:18   #35
Huskies2710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythdoc View Post
Prices took a hit due to dieselgate, no question. Your opportunity. Itís unlikely the car did not go through the fix. Look for a sticker under the hood.
I will be purchasing an A6/A7 TDI sometime this spring or summer.

Supposedly VW and Audi are starting to release more vehicles that are fixed as the new year starts. The pricing should go down more as more cars hit the market.

Don't quote me on this but I guess you can quote me on this. A friend owns a used dealership gave me this info so take with grain of salt.
Huskies2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2018, 08:30   #36
Mythdoc
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskies2710 View Post
I will be purchasing an A6/A7 TDI sometime this spring or summer.

Supposedly VW and Audi are starting to release more vehicles that are fixed as the new year starts. The pricing should go down more as more cars hit the market.

Don't quote me on this but I guess you can quote me on this. A friend owns a used dealership gave me this info so take with grain of salt.

I can see where they would release fixed Touareg and Q7 models from 2012 and earlier, but I donít see how they would still be holding back 3.0 generation 2 models like A6ís. They would just be hurting themselves to do it. But what do I know.

2015 Q5 TDI w/ Chipwerke tuner, 36K Miles. Post fix MPG: 33.9
2015 Golf TDI SE, Lighting Package, 16K miles
2011 Touareg TDI (sold back, May 2018); 2015 Golf TDI S (totaled, Oct 2018)
Mythdoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2018, 10:54   #37
Tom_B
Veteran Member

I'm not clear on which vehicles were affected, but I think several Premium/Premium Plus A6/A7s (and maybe others) had a POD seat recall which kept dealers from selling new vehicles. I've read parts are just starting to arrive to clear the recall. 2016 A6 TDIs might have been affected? There doesn't seem to have been a shortage of 2014-2015 fixed vehicles on the market.

Last edited by Tom_B; December 21st, 2018 at 10:57.
Tom_B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2018, 09:48   #38
Huskies2710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythdoc View Post
I can see where they would release fixed Touareg and Q7 models from 2012 and earlier, but I donít see how they would still be holding back 3.0 generation 2 models like A6ís. They would just be hurting themselves to do it. But what do I know.
I think its specific to the 2016. Not sure. I do know four A6's with less then 300 miles on each, four different colors, popped up at an audi dealer in my area.

They were pricing them as new, ~$62+k. After sending an email asking for a real starting price it came down to $50k.

I'm set on buying a 2016 Audi A6 Prestige once the winter ends. Hoping price will come down a little if the market starts to see more cars.

But who really knows....it will be a long 4 months waiting this out for me though
Huskies2710 is offline   Reply With Quote