www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted

Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted VW TDI/Diesel related items for wanted and for sale by private individuals. Group Buys and commercial posts should be in the "Vendor & GroupBuy" section.

Old July 18th, 2004, 10:15   #1
VW Derf
Administrator

Fuel Economy: 5.9L / 100km
Default Parts suppliers, sellers, etc, read this!! ALSO a word of caution.

While most members here on TDIClub.com are outstanding people and great to deal with, one should always use their own good judgment when making a purchase or sale (private individual or vendor). Especially in light of some recent issues that have arisen.

This would include making sure you have a Name, Address (not just a PO box), a valid phone number, valid and traceable email address (not yahoo or hotmail as an example). Also as the saying goes, "If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is" as in the end it is your car and money.

For the past several weeks we have been working on a type of vendor registration system for vendors. Hopefully this will help a bit, but it will never be a panacea, so using your own good judgment is paramount.

For vendors on TDIClub.com, send me an email @ fred@tdiclub.com and I'll include you when we finally have the process and forms finalized.

Fred
VW Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2007, 15:30   #2
TDIMeister
Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast
Moderator at Large

TDI(s): TDI
Exclamation

In light of recent events that have proceeded VW Derf's post above from 2004, I want to simply remind everyone to pay attention to any brand new member signing on to sell something, and that standard disclaimers apply. This is NOT intended to discriminate against new members, nor is it intended to discourage legitimate transactions of any kind.

By all means do all necessary due diligence on every party of every transaction.

Rules are rules: anyone who comes to sell something as a vendor MUST be registered to as such to TDIClub management. A vendor, whether a registered/incorporated business or a home-operated outfit, is defined here as anybody who sells a good or goods in a manner that is more than just a circumstantial clearing of one's garage of personal effects. Where a vendor is not a registered business and the letter of the rules do not adequately apply, the spirit does.

Important reminder: TDIClub.com WILL NOT BE AN ARBITOR, NOR TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY of any disputes, losses, damages, etc., whatsoever arising from a transaction from the classified service.
TDIMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2008, 21:11   #3
BKmetz
Administrator, Member #10

Fuel Economy: 50 MPG
Default Parts suppliers, sellers, etc, read this!!

If you are a new/used parts seller, reseller, supplier, wholesaler, etc, we ask some things of you:

1. Register as a member,

http://forums.tdiclub.com/register.php

2. Register as a vendor,

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=214572

Q & A concerning vendors and the vendor FAQ can be found here:

http://www.tdiclub.com/Disclaimer/vendor.html

New member/vendors must wait 60 days before they can post their wares and/or services for sale. We realize this is inconvenient but it screens out the eBay, Craig's List, and all the usual venues the scammers and frauds use.

3. Post your wares in the vendors' forum:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62

4. No linking to your eBay auctions, Craigslist links, etc. Become a member and simply post your wares in the vendor's forum. There are too many scams on eBay, Craigslist, etc. Become a member of TDIClub and register as a vendor because this gives buyers & sellers easier access to each other, much better credibility and communication, and helps screen out the scammers.

Anyone who is found out to be a seller and posts eBay links, Craigslist links, etc, on TDIClub's forums will have their threads and/or posts removed. This includes links in signatures, profiles, and avatars. Repeat offenders will be banned.

Thank you.

If ANYONE receives a PM/email from a TDIClub member shilling anything and they are NOT a registered vendor, please forward the PM/emails to me. To report spam, trolling, or any problem post, click the report post icon. (The icon in the actual problem post, not the one in my sig. The idiots know who they are... )

Last edited by BKmetz; November 5th, 2008 at 08:47.
BKmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2011, 08:25   #4
TDIMeister
Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast
Moderator at Large

TDI(s): TDI

This is a reminder to be very vigilant and pay extra attention and due diligence to very new members advertising things for sale. Repeat scammers who have been banned have signed on with aliases to continue selling their wares. We try to keep on top of these, but we need your help to report suspicious posts.

TO BE CLEAR: The vast majority of classified ads, even those placed by brand new members, are perfectly legitimate. We don't want to discourage or put these to a stop. But we want to simultaneously try to protect members from scammers, and send a message to those scammers that they are not welcome here.

Report suspicious posts by clicking on this icon beside the offending post:

Thank you.

Last edited by TDIMeister; March 10th, 2011 at 08:27.
TDIMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 09:04   #5
MarkU216

Fuel Economy: 44 HWY, 36 City

(The icon in the actual problem post, not the one in my sig. The idiots know who they are... )

This statement made me laugh, sir.
Old October 24th, 2012, 12:09   #6
deejaaa
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: JETTA IS FOR SALE!

glad to see this posted again.
Old October 4th, 2013, 14:21   #7
Moesauction!

Thanks!!! great thread

Last edited by Moesauction!; February 5th, 2015 at 18:38.
Moesauction! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2015, 11:51   #8
BBB129
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Average 45 mpg, often pull a light trailer best tank 52 worst tank low 30's Towing

I'm Looking to part out my old vehicle, How should I go about doing this? Not Getting anything from my post.
BBB129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2017, 05:13   #9
Marius Titulescu

TDI(s): None yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB129 View Post
I'm Looking to part out my old vehicle, How should I go about doing this? Not Getting anything from my post.
Are you looking to do it yourself or to find someone who takes care of the labor and the part selling?
Let me know.
Old July 5th, 2017, 22:05   #10
tgeliot

TDI(s): 2012 Golf
Default Panzer plate for 2012 VW Golf TDI $50

I'm getting ready turn turn in my TDI to Volkswagen. It has a Panzer Plate. You can have it for the eye-popping price of $50. The catch, of course, is that you have to come over and remove it. I'm in Denver, CO.
tgeliot is offline   Reply With Quote