VW Dealers Selling 2015 TDIs?

nsocwx

TDI
2015 Golf TDI Sportwagen S
Did they tell you the residual value at the end of the lease term? if so, what percentage of the MSRP is it?
They did, but I don't have any paperwork in my hands since nothing is signed until the recall and repairs are done. I believe it was 12,400 or really close to that and 42%. And that is at the end of a 24 month 12k mile lease.

unidenscan

TDI
03 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2010 Jetta Wagon TDI
When part 2 of the fix is completed, will there be additional VW compensation to the people who purchase these new 2015's??

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
They did, but I don't have any paperwork in my hands since nothing is signed until the recall and repairs are done. I believe it was 12,400 or really close to that and 42%. And that is at the end of a 24 month 12k mile lease.
I've heard 42%, to, but I've also heard that when you run the numbers the 72 month 0% financing saves money over the lease, despite the higher discount. The numbers I've run in the GSW I'm getting strongly favor the lease. I'll get my dealer to give me data next week.

nsocwx

TDI
2015 Golf TDI Sportwagen S
When part 2 of the fix is completed, will there be additional VW compensation to the people who purchase these new 2015's??
Sounds like that's a no, it's all up front. The part 2 is optional though.

Source: Baxter Volkswagen.

WhatFloor

TDI
Golf 2015 TDI S Manual (Purchased new in 2017)
Pull the trigger!!
Don't think... FEEL
I can't wait to be driving a 15' TDI in the 2030's... watching people scramble on the side of the road for a charging station

WhatFloor

TDI
Golf 2015 TDI S Manual (Purchased new in 2017)
For compensation you must have purchased the vehicle before the discovery of the ****show... so if you pull the trigger on a new 15 TDI like myself you will get the pt 1 delivered + the refit. You will be expected to do part 2, timeline TBC. Pt 2 is where the warranty comes into play. If you mess with their emissions modification operation you miss out on warranty. So I am selling back my 15 TDI with 60,000km on it for more than I am paying for a new one. I don't need the (7k) compensation they are offering, I would rather get my hands on a fresh TDI.

Romagno

TDI
2011 JSW
VWoA Terms for 2015 TDI sales

I reserved a GSW Sportwagen SE with MT on Saturday April 14th.
The terms are as follows:
EITHER
$5000 discount and mandatory 0% financing (up to 60 months), i.e., if you want to pay cash, you don't get a discount.
However, you can pay off the loan after 3 months with no penalty.
-OR-
$8500 discount, 2-year lease, with buyback option at the end of the lease.
In my case, I have to put about $3500 down at the signing, $400/month for 48 months, and a buyback of about $13,000 at the end of the lease.
The salesman ran the numbers for me, and the lease option (including all taxes and fees) saves me a little over $2000.
I am turning in my 2011 JSW on May 8, and will drive home in the new car on the same day!

rc74racer

TDI
2015 GSW SE TDI
I reserved a GSW Sportwagen SE with MT on Saturday April 14th.
The terms are as follows:
EITHER
$5000 discount and mandatory 0% financing (up to 60 months), i.e., if you want to pay cash, you don't get a discount.
However, you can pay off the loan after 3 months with no penalty.
-OR-
$8500 discount, 2-year lease, with buyback option at the end of the lease.
In my case, I have to put about $3500 down at the signing, $400/month for 48 months, and a buyback of about $13,000 at the end of the lease.
The salesman ran the numbers for me, and the lease option (including all taxes and fees) saves me a little over $2000.
I am turning in my 2011 JSW on May 8, and will drive home in the new car on the same day!
I hope that's $400mo for 24 months, if not that's a rip off. $3,500 down, $19,200 in lease payments and $13,000 buyout for a car that was 30k new two years ago? I am not seeing an $8,500 discount either way.

I paid 27k for a brand new 2015 GSW SE with lighting package.

Romagno

TDI
2011 JSW
I hope that's $400mo for 24 months, if not that's a rip off. $3,500 down, $19,200 in lease payments and $13,000 buyout for a car that was 30k new two years ago? I am not seeing an $8,500 discount either way.

I paid 27k for a brand new 2015 GSW SE with lighting package.
Yes, that's a 2-year lease.

GWbiker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf S TDI 4dr.
While doing the "Buyback" this afternoon, dealer told me they have a fully loaded black '15 Passat for...................$35K, 0% financing and $5 discount.

Uh, No thanks.

I'm now without a car, just the motorcycle and a bus pass. State Farm has hiked my insurance rate and with Arizona taxing registrations, I'm in no hurry to buy another car.

But if I do it will be a cheap ride.

unidenscan

TDI
Anyone who's purchased, any word on the warrant out the door?

Are dealers following through with the new tires, wipers, battery and fluid, completing the refresh supposedly per VW.

franklinstower

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 gsw 6mt wagon
I got the last 6MT in the state of Washington. $25,777 msrp less $5k, plus tax and title.

Metallic Silver S with Black leatherette.

Cooled Glove Box but no Heated Seats? That sucks.

As others have said, full service (back ordered on the fuel filter) new battery, you can also request new tires since they are literally 3.5 years old now.

unidenscan

TDI
So I decided on a silk blue MT today. Same problem with the fuel filter being back ordered. Didn't get a time frame.

Does anyone have a TSB on the refresh the dealer is suppose to do? I would like to be prepared at the service department.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Dealers know that. They've been calling. :) Our "aftermarket" filters are UFI from Italy, which is what's in the OE box.

franklinstower

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 gsw 6mt wagon
So when is Mark Malone going to be able to tune my ecu to regain the lost hp and mpgs from the software "fix"?

I already have a flashzilla for my Mk4 BEW.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
So when is Mark Malone going to be able to tune my ecu to regain the lost hp and mpgs from the software "fix"?

I already have a flashzilla for my Mk4 BEW.
The phase 1 update actually increases horsepower and torque. But, both Malone and Kerma have updates for the updates.
Unfortunately, the flashzilla for your MK4 will only be good for that vehicle. My only gripe with the service, I have three TDIs (2 with tunes) but only one flashzilla good for my Golf.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta wagon, 15 Golf wagon
I missed by only a couple hours three different sportwagen manuals in my searching/calling dealers. Most wouldn't take deposits and they were selling real quick to the first folks to walk in the door.
Wednesday I sent an email to most dealers in the state with what I was looking for, those that replied only had automatics. Then Thursday afternoon a reply from another dealer with two manuals in stock, one with a deposit already and one I quickly put a deposit on. 2015 Golf S sportwagen manual, blue.

Quote from one dealer was list less $6K (on cars that then sold before I had a real chance at them).
Dealer I ended up at had given same final price over the phone broken down as list less $5K and another 1K off for owner loyalty, But once I got there they back peddled on the $1K loyalty, said not to be combined with any other discount... we compromised on $500 off, and the $5K discount for using 0% financing for 72 months. Zero penalty or issues to pay it off early, can pay it off as soon as I want to. But 0% is like free money, no good reason to pay for it soon.

They wouldn't let me test drive it at all, not even in the lot which seemed strange.
They insisted on first doing part one of "the fix" submitted that info to VW and wait for the OK from VW, about 30 minutes. Then could finish payment paperwork and finally hand over keys and tags and on my way for the first drive. About 4:30 from walking in to driving out, not very enjoyable.

Service included new brake fluid, wipers, oil, filter, and fuel filter. Service department test drove to check tires for flat spots, test/inspect brakes, and somehow tested battery, if any issues would have replaced; I didn't get new tires, brakes, or battery.

Never bought a new car before and wasn't really looking to buy one. Already have a good 05 TDI wagon. Looking to the future decided a Golf Sportwagen TDI right now is best way to get the kind of diesel car I like to eventually replace the 05. When these wagons are gone might not be anything diesel and manual to satisfy that demand for a while, if ever.

Dealer didn't know much about part 2 of "the fix" beyond it involves some new parts that are apparently already in stock somewhere and have been, and it should happen within about a year.
He didn't think VW had any way to require part 2 and wasn't sure if government could or couldn't.

koldioxid

TDI
none
I bought a 2015 TDI sportwagen yesterday. I went for the buy option to stay clear of the leasing business. I was assured it would have a new battery though running the QR code I get
205# 5K0 915 105 E
#588119201#24051521*205
EMC3F5O0RGB*=

From info elsewhere on this forum, I think that is May 2015 manufacture.
The code embossed on the negative terminal is 2415, perhaps 24th week 2015.

Any QR experts out there do tell if you know.

I think in the crash kit you get with these cars is supposed to be a set of jumper
cables(?). It makes me think the mechanics in the shop used em to quick-charge the
battery but then forgot to put them back.

Arin@APR

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
MK4 Jetta, MK5 GTI, B8 S4, MK7 Sportwagen TDI
Well, this is my first TDI purchase and it's going to the wife and baby. 2015 Golf Sportwagen (SE/DSG/Lighting) in Night Blue with black interior. The dealership experience was smooth thanks to Andy M @ Jim Ellis VW in Atlanta. I made a call friday, and they hand delivered the car over 100 miles away on Monday morning.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Very nice! Our wagon is the same, except with tan interior. Lighting package is worth the $$

elcid86

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
Well, this is my first TDI purchase and it's going to the wife and baby. 2015 Golf Sportwagen (SE/DSG/Lighting) in Night Blue with black interior. The dealership experience was smooth thanks to Andy M @ Jim Ellis VW in Atlanta. I made a call friday, and they hand delivered the car over 100 miles away on Monday morning.

Very nice. And I guess I wouldn't mind paying the destination/delivery charge for service like that!

bigdaddylee82

TDI
'09 Jetta
We sold our '14 Jetta Sportwagen back to VW on March 21st.

Over the past ~6 months I've been looking at all kinds of options for possible replacements, Saab SportCombis, VW CCs, Mazda 6 & 3 hatch, '80s Mercedes Diesels, Jag X-type wagons, BMW 3 Series wagons, Mk4 VW TDIs, Cadillac CTS Wagon, and anything else that popped up on craigslist or made it through my search filters on Cars.com.

We drove seven or eight cars looking for a Sportwagen replacement, and efficient commuter, but just couldn't find anything we liked at a price we were happy with. We'd decided to wait until the fall, hoping for better deals, and I'd been checking craigslist regularly as well.

Then we found out, that the '15 TDIs were going to be sold. I actually informed my dealer's sales staff that they'd be selling their '15 TDIs before their management did.

Once the sales staff confirmed, that they would indeed be selling their '15 TDIs, they began hounding me about a pair of '15 TDI Golf Sportwagens they had on the lot. We finally got around to stopping by and test driving. Neither were optioned how we wanted, both were S trims, but we were considering dealing with the lack of features, if the price was right. The dealer had a glut of '15 TDI Passats, the salesman thought we might like better. We obliged, and sat in one, no offense to any Passat owners, we weren't feeling it, they're just not for us.

At the end of the row of TDI Pasats was a single TDI Golf SE, nicely equipped, DSG, leatherette, heated seats, sun roof, "Fender" audio, etc. Only problem, it's red.

We sat in it, drove it, talked about it. We knew VW was automatically knocking $5K off of sticker price and decided if the dealer could get to our magic number we'd be buying a red Golf. I guess we should have tried for even less, but being the end of the month helped I'm sure, they hit our price point without a whole lot of push back, $8500 off sticker for a "brand new" '15 TDI Golf.

We closed down the dealership on Friday night, storms knocked power out at my Credit Union over the weekend and Monday, so it took an extra day to get the dealer paid. Since they had an extra day, I had them tint the windows while they had it. We picked it up after work this evening.

So far my only gripe is having to put your foot on the brake to start it, it's not a push button start, it has a key you turn, but you still have to press your foot on the brake to start it.

I've never had paddle shifters before, kind of a novelty, but fun, I doubt they'll get used much in my daily commute though.

I thought the Fender audio was a gimmick at first, but I'm actually impressed, how do they get that much bass from a subwoofer small enough to fit in the spare tire?

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Agreed on the fender system. It sounds fantastic. The subwoofer is tiny, but bass is definitely not lacking in this system