FIS hood open indicator

kbrenny

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta wagon TDI
I have a 2001 IMMO2 golf and installed a IMMO3 FIS cluster a few weeks ago. I was doing somw work on the car and decided to run the wire from T15 pin 1 (brown / red) on the CCM to the green connnector pin 22 on the FIS cluster to get the hood open on the FIS.

When I got in there there was already a brown / red wire going from T15 pin 1 brown / red wire, to the green connectors pin 22 also same brown / red wire.

I checked with Vagcom and hood latch micro switch if funtioning properly so it must be connected to the CCM. Checked brown / red wire at the cluster and it has continuity to the T15 pin 1.

Any ideas why I do not get the hood open icon / symbol on my cluster?

I have recoded the CAN to its original code during cluster installation and the enabled the drivers door open symbol and rear hatch open symbol. but I can't get the hood open symbol to come up.

Any help is appreciated.

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Check do you get ground at pin 22 on cluster connector when the hood is open. If you do , then cluster is not capable to show icon.
Immo 3 FIS cluster showing this via CAN BUS.

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
That's unusual.:confused:

I had an immo 3 MFA without the hood warning in the dash.

I did not have a wire in Pin 22 of my original wiring at all.

As I have an alarm system there was already a wire from the hood microswitch just up to Pin T15/5 (Pin 5 on 1C0 CCM's;))

When I installed my Immo 3 FIS I jumped a wire from T15/5 wire to the cluster Pin 22 and the bonnet open symbol then lit up on the car icon.:cool:

It did not work at all without this hardwiring.

All the other door symbols and hatch open lit okay straight away on the FIS "birdseye view" car icon.

When you say you have enabled the "drivers door open symbol and rear hatch open" - do you actually mean all the doors show up properly on the Car symbol icon right in the middle of the display, or do you have the "Immo 2" style display only up in the top third of the FIS?

So you are still running 1J0 CCM and door motors??? :confused:

Last edited:

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
When you say you have enabled the "drivers door open symbol and rear hatch open" - do you actually mean all the doors show up properly on the Car symbol icon right in the middle of the display, or do you have the "Immo 2" style display
So you are still running 1J0 CCM and door motors??? :confused:
He has still 1J0 CCM and immo 2 style icon only up in the top third of the FIS and only shows dr. side door.

kbrenny

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta wagon TDI
Some posts said it could be t15 pin 1 for earlier cars. My car was that situation , brown/red wire at pin 1 of t15 and same color wire at pin 22 of cluster. have not checked if cluster connection gets ground with hood opening / closing yet.

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
The CCM you have does not matter as the signal come directly from the hood switch. When you open the hood, it connects to ground and tells the cluster the hood is open.

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Check do you get ground at pin 22 on cluster connector when the hood is open. If you do , then cluster is not capable to show icon.
I just want to add that is is INCORRECT. Immo3 get's the hood-open signal on pin 22 also, NOT via CAN-BUS.

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
Yup, you need to run a wire from pin 22 green and tap into the wire coming from the hood switch to the CCM. It should work then.

Redneck Truck

Gone, but not forgotten
TDI
2008 Touareg V10, 2001 Audi TTQ Roadster TDI 6-speed, 2005 Jetta Wagon TDI 6-speed
I could use a hood open icon on my Audi. Hit 130mph at lunch yesterday, turns out the hood was popped the whole time.

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
I have an extra switch if someone needs here. I messed up the hood latch and the switch comes on the new latch. I took off the old one thinking either myself or someone else could use it someday.

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
I just want to add that is is INCORRECT. Immo3 get's the hood-open signal on pin 22 also, NOT via CAN-BUS.
Yup, you need to run a wire from pin 22 green and tap into the wire coming from the hood switch to the CCM. It should work then.
NOPE , it is correct.
I just confirm it with my set up , and it is correct that it gets signal to pin 22, but if you don't have 1C0 CCM( CAN BUS) you will never get this signal,
because it works via CAN BUS.
I had none CAN CCM and never had hood indicator, but when I update to CAN Bus CCM icon was there.

Last edited:

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
NOPE , it is correct.
I just confirm it with my set up , and it is correct that it gets signal to pin 22, but if you don't have 1C0 CCM( CAN BUS) you will never get this signal,
because it works via CAN BUS.
I had none CAN CCM and never had hood indicator, but when I update to CAN Bus CCM icon was there.

Ok, now we are arguing semantics. ;) :D You said that the cluster got the signal via CAN-BUS. This is 100% INCORRECT. In order to get the hood open indicator, the signal comes to PIN 22 on the back of the cluster.

Saying you have to have CAN-BUS hooked up for an IMMO3 cluster is somewhat irrelevant - IMMO3 cars are by default CAN-BUS enabled therefore all cars that came with IMMO3 clusters have CAN-BUS stock. So all you have to do is hook up the one wire to pin 22 on a CAN-BUS car with IMMO3 cluster.

I understand that the OP is asking about a IMMO3 cluster in an IMMO2 car, but you are not answering the question correctly. Your point is valid, very much so, but it is not ACCURATE. What you are trying to say is "in order to show the hood open signal (and ANY door open other than the drivers door for that matter), you must have 1C0 CAN-BUS enabled comfort electronics which include the CCM and door modules. The CAN-BUS comfort modules allow the car symbol to display correctly, then, when that is all tickety-boo you can hook up the wire to pin 22 and get the hood open indicator. Of course all of this would be completely unnecessary if you just sourced the correct IMMO2 cluster that is/was/and still is properly designed for your year of car ;)

I'm really really sorry, I didn't intend this post to be a rant!! I am not FOR A SECOND questioning your knowledge on these clusters (which is far greater than mine ;)
), I just wanted to make it clear to people who wanted to know the answer to this question in the future! I truly hope I haven't offend!!!

Cheers,
-Chris

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
I said exact same what you said now:
"I just confirm it with my set up , and it is correct that it gets signal to pin 22, but if you don't have 1C0 CCM( CAN BUS) you will never get this signal,
because it works via CAN BUS."

To say in easy way, in IMMO 2 or none immo car you will not have hood indicator , unless you convert CCM to CAN BUS.
I think this is a better way to explain what I meant to say.

The CCM you have does not matter as the signal come directly from the hood switch. When you open the hood, it connects to ground and tells the cluster the hood is open.
It does matter what CCM you have with FIS cluster

Last edited:

DzieX

TDI
Not TDI :)
Hi,

Sorry for replying old topic, but I have curious case regarding that. I've ordered VFIZ (https://www.qmatis.com/en/devices/menu-vfiz/menu-vfiz-vw). I have immo3 cluster installed, but car is only immo2. Device mentioned above has build in CAN gateway to which I've connected CAN Convenience line from 1J0 CCM (it has CAN as well as 1C0 CCM, but not connected to cluster). All works excluding hood indicator. All door and trunk signals are sending by CAN line. Unfortunately we couldn't find hood sensor signal. It's for sure in car, because CCM measure blocks shows state.

Question to you:
- Is it possible to force IMMO3 cluster to read signal directly from input instead of CAN? I mean to change something in EEPROM dump and force it to work as in IMMO2 cluster.
- Do you know if 1C0 CCM sends hood signal by CAN? Do you know if 1J0 does it as well?
- Maybe you which frame should I look?

Thanks in advance.

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
There is a microswitch in the front hood catch assembly.

If you have the factory alarm, it is already connected to CCM. (T15)

That may be why this value is in measuring blocks now on your car.

You just need to tap into this existing wire and run a connection to the Pin 22 (Green Plug) in cluster, then hood open will show up on FIS car icon as well.

I had to do this in my car to enable the hood open icon.

It only works when you hardwire it like this.

DzieX

TDI
Not TDI :)
It's been some time since I posted. I've just that adding connection to pin 22 in green wire from 1 pin i CCM works.