Clone vagcom, can it do damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigLovelock

TDI
Fabia Vrs
Im trialing someones clone hexcan vagcom lead and 901 software (or something)

Im wondering if this could do damage to my car?

Just got this strange feeling upon pressing scan for codes it will wipe my ECU!

Craig.

CraigLovelock

TDI
Fabia Vrs
If the title was changed to just "Ebay USB OBD"... you would answer?

Dont see how hard it is to answer something that will never affect you negatively.

Some of us cant afford £200 for a lead.

Sebastian

Vendor
Huh? You're kidding right? You can't mean the "will never affect me negatively" for real. Dude, you're stealing from us and now you want us to give you advice on how to do that even better?! Get real!

Think about what you would do in our position. The money you pay is not for "a lead" you buy a complete product that will save you money in the long run. In addition, you claim to drive a Fabia vRS. How does that compare to "can't afford". :p

pbraunton

Veteran Member
TDI
03' Jetta TDi
i wouldn't hook that cable up to your car, ...I have heard terrible things about knock off cables, ....erasing EPROMS, immobilizers not working, ......stereo's being locked in SAFE mode for years, asteroids from outer space landing on your car, it is horrible to go through if you hook it up, .....think endless gremlins.......

in all seriousness though, ..........you won't find much support on here for an "ebay cable" as the people from Ross Tech(who made the original VAG-COM for your car) are active members, and contribute to the forums by helping owners with problems that occur, ..........and i am not 100% sure but i am thinking Sebastian works for Ross tech....

Craig, i see your a newbie, just trying to help you out, .....not saying that people don't use the ebay cables, they do, but when it doesn't work, or you need directions on how to perform a certain procedure, you should just ask the person you bought it off of for those instructions and help...........

Status
Not open for further replies.