Intake Cleaning Saturday July 24th, Richmond VA

Digital4n6

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi A8L TDI
I'll be cleaning my intake manifold in Richmond VA this Saturday July 24th. Am 4 miles from I-95 exit 84B, easy to get to, plenty of parking.

Let me know if you'd like to stop by and toss some wrenches, if you need your intake cleaned as well, or if you want to use my lift.

If others are interested in getting together, I can swing by World Impex and pick up the parts for you if you let me know soon. The CinciTDI dvd of how to clean it is expected to ship today, so it'll arrive in time. Haven't done one myself yet, but have studied all of the online walk-throughs and feel confident in doing it myself.

BEW engines
http://www.worldimpex.com/item_detail.html?sku=862418

ALH engines
http://www.worldimpex.com/item_detail.html?sku=257235

TheLongshot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon '03 Reflex Silver
I could use it, but my son has a birthday party to go to that day and I have to be there.

tonystdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 700K miles, 2000 Jetta 288,000 miles
Sounds good to me, I'm always interested in learning something new. What time do you plan on starting the intake cleaning.

Digital4n6

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi A8L TDI
TheLongShot, I'll be around all weekend if you want to stop by.

Tony, anytime that is best for you would be fine.

Tom, I'd appreciate that. You're on the way, do you mind if I stop by Friday evening on my way south?

arne487

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf TDI, '10 TDI Cup Jetta
Sounds like fun, but I'll be passing right through Richmond and Stafford on my way to a family reunion this weekend.

Maybe next time I'll swing by and hang out for a while.

Digital4n6

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi A8L TDI
I'll place my order for the intake gasket kit on Wednesday around noon if anyone wants to add to it and combine shipping, otherwise I'd have to pick it up.

TheLongshot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon '03 Reflex Silver
TheLongShot, I'll be around all weekend if you want to stop by.
I would have time on Sunday, tho I'd still have my son in tow since my wife will be busy for most of that day. How far are you from NVA?

Any knowledge of doing brakes? I need new pads and rotors for the front, and I was going to have my local mechanic do it tomorrow...

Last edited:

Digital4n6

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi A8L TDI
I would have time on Sunday, tho I'd still have my son in tow since my wife will be busy for most of that day. How far are you from NVA?

Any knowledge of doing brakes? I need new pads and rotors for the front, and I was going to have my local mechanic do it tomorrow...
Haven't done brakes on these yet, just my truck. For a vehicle that's driven so much, might be worthwhile to get one of those "lifetime replacement" sets from a chain, which is what I was planning to do when it comes time for that.

I'll be around all weekend, starting on the car at about 10:30a Saturday and just working in the garage on Sunday. Feel free to stop on by. I'm abut 90 miles south from the Springfield interchange (from exit 170 to exit 84B then 4 miles to house).

kirmet

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Galactic Blue
I have a few clean manifolds you can "borrow" and install. Clean your dirty ones afterwards and return them to me.
That sounds like a good offer. Kind of wondering if I should find a spare and just swap out out every 30k?

Wish Morgantown, WV was a little closer.

Last edited: