audi 80 tdi 1z 1993

audi80tdi

TDI
AUDI 80 TDI
Hi im thinking of putting larger injector nozzles in my audi 80 tdi 1z engine,i already have modified epproms fitted,this was claimed to add 30ps and 70 Lbs ft of torque, what could i expect with larger injector nozzles?.
Also does anyone know a login code thats works on my bosch ECU ,tried 12233 ,this does not work the ecu part number is 0 281 001 185.
Hope someone can help me .
Thanks From the UK
:confused:

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Hi with the b.216 full injectors i got 146hp these injectors are from the t4 transporter 2.5L 5cylinder motor Kerma does some nozzles which give around the some flow may be a little more , put these on your standard bodies and have a diesel shop up the opening pressures (=first stage) to 220bar and your good to go.

www.kermatdi.com .

audi80tdi

TDI
AUDI 80 TDI
Hi mojogoes thanks for your reply ,what car did you have the 1z with 146hp in ?
What other mods did you do alongside the injector nozzles?.
Do i need a bigger pump like 11 or 12 mm or will my standard unit work ok?.
Will my T2 turbo be ok?.
Should i fit a boost gauge ?
Does the pump timing need to be adjusted?
I have just rebuilt the motor with new bearings and rings,valves,guides,oil pump,tappets ect so she should take the power ok.
Oh and what was your motor like for smoke,wat it ok for MOT?
Thanks again.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
It was and still is a mk3 golf 94 , i had the b.216 nozzles and a chip that matched although it was a guesstimate chip or chips because i had superchip send the file up to where a m8 works at well lane turbo centre .

For this sort of power around the 150 mark i would stick to/with the 10mm pump and equivalent nozzles from Kerma , with the standard or upgraded chip/software you may have in you will smoke so once you have the nozzles in the mix you will then need a remap or a chip for the now larger injectors.

I did at some point down the road had a fmic fitted but i would wait until you wanted more power and changed the turbo for either a vnt17 or t25 etc , i think you will be either good at 18psi or maybe 20 with that turbo and yes definitely have a boost gauge fitted.

audi80tdi

TDI
AUDI 80 TDI
Hi thanks for the info .
Excuse my ignorance but what is a FMIC?.
I have a turbo from a 115 pd engine is that any good?, i think it fits on an AFN manifold.
Refrence smoking with the bigger nozzles, is it poss for me to use the LOGIN procedure on my ECU to alter the fueling like you can on the later TDi models,i have access to vag equiptment as i work at an audi main dealer.:confused:

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Front mount inter-cooler and the turbo you have on your car is a wastegate one the one you have from the 115hp pd is what is known as a vnt = variable vane turbo which opperates on vacumm = (Suction) and wastegates = (blowing) so you would need to change a fwe things like the software in the ecu and n75 valve to name a couple ..........but you could/can use a larger wastegate turbo , where is your car smokey in the rev range.

TobiC

TDI
1994 Audi 80 Avant TDI ~108
audi80tdi said:
Hi im thinking of putting larger injector nozzles in my audi 80 tdi 1z engine,i already have modified epproms fitted,this was claimed to add 30ps and 70 Lbs ft of torque, what could i expect with larger injector nozzles?.
Also does anyone know a login code thats works on my bosch ECU ,tried 12233 ,this does not work the ecu part number is 0 281 001 185.
Hope someone can help me .
Thanks From the UK
:confused:
I'm also from the UK and am looking into modding my 80 tdi which, thanks to this thread, I realize must be the 1z. Stock 90 bhp right?
What power is your 80 at now with the mods you've done? did the modified epproms make much of a noticable difference?

audi80tdi

TDI
AUDI 80 TDI
audi 80 tdi 1z

Hi mojogoes my car does`nt smoke atall at the min,just trying to get some info to prevent smoking when i get the bigger injector nozzles.
Ref FMIC i can use an audi s2 or RS2 intercooler from the 2.2 turbo petrol ,its a big unit goes right accross the front,need to change the bumper or mod mine to suit.
Who would you suggest to re-map my chips to suit bigger nozzles?
Cheers

audi80tdi

TDI
AUDI 80 TDI
Got the idea from my head,i work in an audi main dealer and have seen the RS2/ S2 in work,the parts should fit straigt on as they are variants of audi 80`s after all,think those intercoolers should be big enough,S2 230hp & rs2 315hp!

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
I had the rs 2 inter cooler on my last setup on my mk3 golf , the left hand side of the cooler with the swan neck was ok to fit but the other side was a problem but once i had someone weld a smaller pipe to the 3" ali piece of pipe to the cooler to lengthen and make the diameter smaller it made it much easy to fit a silicone hose to and for it to stay on.

And the pipe work had to thread its way down past the right hand side front light but it work out like i said ok in the end , the thing is with the rs inter cooler is that the section of pipe work which attaches to the cooler is incorporated into the rs2's front bumper section and then a large clip to keep it all in place , this is the part you have to elaborate on mod wise.

Last edited:

audi80tdi

TDI
AUDI 80 TDI
Ah i remember,i think the intercooler uses the front crossmember as a tube for the intercooler .like A4`s and TT,225

audi80tdi

TDI
AUDI 80 TDI
On my audi 80 the front crossmember bolts on,so i should be able to exchange mine for a S2/RS2 crossmember or weld a piece of pipe accross a std crossmember to take the air.
Can yoy recommend anyone to remap my ECU for the b216 nozzles,i have a spare ECU i can use which is handy.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
The older 1Z engine will have significant shudder at various RPM/load conditions, particularly a level cruise around 2500 RPM with big injectors installed. Some ECU programs address this better than others, but during the time I had my 1Z-engined B4 Passat, the shudder was never completely eliminated, and it was worse in cold ambient temperatures, such as during winter. Something to consider. You should ask for a guarantee with the remapper that either the shudder is addressed to your satisfaction, or that you make sure you can live with it.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
I'm not well versed with companies in the UK other than the usual suspects, but Aligator is a member here and from what I have seen, has done some very good work and results.

audi80tdi

TDI
AUDI 80 TDI
Thanks for that,looked at aligators web site in poland ,problem is i cannot read it,do you know of a polish to english translation web site?
Thanks

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
If you right click on the page doesn't translater automaticly come up.......obviously not.

audi80tdi

TDI
AUDI 80 TDI
Hi mojogoes ; just tried again,clicked on the Uk flag and nothing happens,german flag works however!.
Have you come accross the judder TDIMeister talks about on the early 1z?

Last edited: