A/C compressor replaced clutch won't engage

tlib

TDI
PASSET
That should say replaced A/C compressor, clutch won't engage.
I have a question on the pressure switches. I replaced my compressor sucked the system down and charged 22 oz. Initial test checked good. The next day no a/c. I put the gauges on and static pressure is 95 both. I checked power at compressor it is good. Suspect low or high pressure switch. I see low on right front. where is high located.
Should I jump the low to see if the clutch engages?
Any help is appreciated here.

TLib

tlib

TDI
PASSET
I finally got a chance to check and found that I do not have power at the compressor.
Note that I did have power when I charged the system and saw the clutch engage,everything was good however the next day the system does not work. I plan on checking the low pressure switch tomorrow. I don't know where the high pressure switch is located.
Is the 394 relay the A/C relay?? how many fuses are there/ just the 25 A????

Smokerr

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Wagon GL,2005,Silver
I would check the clutch coil and see what the total ohms are through it.

Check a lead into the clutch to the clutch housing.

Check the fuse. If it took the fuse and or relay out its carrying too much current.

If you look to ground and its flickering then there is a shorting component that 12 volts may show that a meter does not as it does not use that much voltage.

I will check my manual and see if it lists the ohm value through a good clutch coil.

Check wires to be sure no shorting to metal.

Usually when something does not work after disturbance it had something to do with the disturbance.