Attn: ATLANTA TDI Members

poppadoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat & jetta wagons
Poppa Doc Dallas GA. retired NY teamster 8-99 ,more than likely one of the oldest member 74 in age
97 GMC conv van 88,000 clunker for jsw 2010
05 passat wagon tdi grey 105,000
05 jetta wagon tdi black 37,000

SilverDieselDemon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW 2 Door Golf 1.9L
poppadoc said:
Poppa Doc Dallas GA. retired NY teamster 8-99 ,more than likely one of the oldest member 74 in age
97 GMC conv van 88,000 clunker for jsw 2010
05 passat wagon tdi grey 105,000
05 jetta wagon tdi black 37,000
Hello Doc !!! What brought you down south?

rix337

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
Ricci, service tech for AT&T. Down here from Green Bay, Wi. GO PACKERS!!
Powder Springs
09 Jetta TDI about 6,000 on it now

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
Michelle, soon to be student, Down here from Michigan (Go Wings!)
I frequent most of Gwinnett County. 85 is my favorite highway (not), and that's probably where you'll find me the most.
02 Silver NB. I have a tdiclub license plate frame now. I have chrome tips, TSW wheels, LED clear taillights, clear corner and blinker lights, and soon to have tint and a spoiler :) VDUBGRL :)

SilverDieselDemon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW 2 Door Golf 1.9L
MichelleRoze said:
Michelle, soon to be student, Down here from Michigan (Go Wings!)
I frequent most of Gwinnett County. 85 is my favorite highway (not), and that's probably where you'll find me the most.
02 Silver NB. I have a tdiclub license plate frame now. I have chrome tips, TSW wheels, LED clear taillights, clear corner and blinker lights, and soon to have tint and a spoiler :) VDUBGRL :)
Thanks Miss Rose! Pass the word on.

Vegged-Out

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2003 Jetta | 2011 BMW 335d | 2016 BMW Xdrive35d
Hey dude, get to Asheville next year for the GTG. I will bring some WI Brats and beer!!!!

I'm from near La Crosse originally.

rix337 said:
Ricci, service tech for AT&T. Down here from Green Bay, Wi. GO PACKERS!!
Powder Springs
09 Jetta TDI about 6,000 on it now

MBoni

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen
Hello. I'm Mike, a software engineer. Not a native, but I've been here long enough that I no longer claim to be 'from' anywhere else.

I'm up in Marietta, but I mostly commute via scooter, so the VW gets used on weekend trips (or bad weather). I'm either off hiking somewhere in the mountains, or headed to an astronomy village out I-20 past Crawfordville.

I see plenty of VWs around here, but it seems like most of them are actually not TDIs.

dbent

TDI
06 JettaTDI (Son's)
David, I am originally from Eastern Ohio. Go Steelers!!
My wife I originally from Wisconsin. (she is a Cheese Head)!!!!
We live in Cumming, Ga.

Ricci, my wife has family that live in GB. Her Uncle puts on the Thanksgiving Dinner @ Lambeau.

I am a Software/Test Engineer & my wife is a Massage Therapist.

roadhard1960

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon GLS 5 speed
You see me driving the speed limit on I20 Covington to Atlanta. Silver 2003 wagon sometimes with a home built bike rack on the back.

My parents had a 63 Dodge wagon, 66 Polara wagon, a 67 Fury , can't remember if it was a Fury 1 or 3, 70 Fury Ohio State Patrol, 75 Grand Fury OSP, some Bay Village cop car, and then other cars after I moved away.

Ohio 1960-1983. Georgia since 1983.

Vegged-Out

Veteran Member
TDI
Well, you just missed it, it was beginning of June this year. I would keep your eye on this regional board and I am sure sometime around February / March we'll see the date for next year.

Of course this is being a bit presumptuous, but I just can't see the guys who put it on, not put it on again. It has had a tremendous turn out and there are outstanding folks helping us not so knowledgeable ones a little more so knowledgeable by the end of the event.

dbent said:
Vegged-Out,

When is the Asheville GTG?

dbent

TDI
06 JettaTDI (Son's)
I will.

We started driving through Asheville on our way to & from Ohio.

I saw on your profile your like me. You have done a little bit olf a lot of stuff.

SilverDieselDemon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW 2 Door Golf 1.9L
roadhard1960 said:
You see me driving the speed limit on I20 Covington to Atlanta. Silver 2003 wagon sometimes with a home built bike rack on the back.

My parents had a 63 Dodge wagon, 66 Polara wagon, a 67 Fury , can't remember if it was a Fury 1 or 3, 70 Fury Ohio State Patrol, 75 Grand Fury OSP, some Bay Village cop car, and then other cars after I moved away.

Ohio 1960-1983. Georgia since 1983.
Are you saying that you have spotted the Demon speeding along said route? :rolleyes:
Nothing in the world is better than a Lead Sled, well except a woman with accentuating aspects...:D

mcH

Veteran Member
TDI
None, currently
I'm Sheryl - my husband is Chris. We both drive TDI New Beetles, his is a 2000, mine is an '01. We are in Cartersville, and he makes a daily drive to Morrow down I-75.

I currently have CCM problems, and wish there were more 3rd party VW shops in the Atlanta area. Can anyone recommend someone who is good at electrical diagnosis? Even an off-work VW tech would work for me.

sm

roadhard1960

Veteran Member
TDI
I get passed all the time. The time diff between 65 and 70 is 5 minutes a commute and a few mpg. So all those silver VWs passing me is no skin off me. :)

Richard55

Vendor
TDI
2000 NB
Thought I would chime in. I am Richard drive a 00 NB and love to get there quickly. Own a Club in Greensboro and have a GTG every November with Jeff RC attending. We should all get together and tip a few asap. We can get a DJ or what ever and pass the night away. (like some have in the past) lol

SilverDieselDemon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW 2 Door Golf 1.9L
Richard55 said:
Thought I would chime in. I am Richard drive a 00 NB and love to get there quickly. Own a Club in Greensboro and have a GTG every November with Jeff RC attending. We should all get together and tip a few asap. We can get a DJ or what ever and pass the night away. (like some have in the past) lol
I would like to 2x this notion. A ATL TDIclub Club night.... sounds like a alcohol fueled pontification filled night....;)

dbent

TDI
06 JettaTDI (Son's)
Richard,

I see Oconee National Forest is right there. I take it there are some good camping sites there (tent)? I live in Cumming that is a 2 hr drive.

Dave

Gearhead51

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
I'm Don. I'm in a silver '00 Jetta with TDI club plate ring & audi R8 rep wheels being the most distinct thing on my car. The misses drives a '00 blue Jetta TDI with a "I am the Stig" decal on her rear window. You might also see me in a black golf with no enblems on the back, but I will be giving that one to my dad soon.

Ricci, I still haven't put those seats in. Work has been too hectic.

dbent

TDI
06 JettaTDI (Son's)
I am sure anybody is welcome.
I have seen prices all over the place for Tattoo's.

roadhard1960

Veteran Member
TDI
Depending on where you guys get together there are a few camping places I know about. In Covington which really means about 10 miles south of Covington off of Highway 36 is Factory Shoals which has a campground and shower. I am not sure what the vibe is there as I ride my bicycle through the campground but I have not noticed that many campers. I take the dogs there to play in the shoals when the water is not too high. Closer than Oconee Forest. My little bit of time in Oconee I have not seen camping but that means nothing. Other place is Hard Labor State Park over by Rutledge and Madison. Now wait as my mind starts thinking. Indian Springs State Park. One of the bonuses of state parks is they sometimes have showers and hot water. National parks tend to be more primitive which might be ok for you.

So the Q is where they get together if camping is required.

dbent said:
Richard,

I see Oconee National Forest is right there. I take it there are some good camping sites there (tent)? I live in Cumming that is a 2 hr drive.

Dave

dbent

TDI
06 JettaTDI (Son's)
Camping is not required. We have been talking about taking our son camping. I thought that might be a good chance. We also have a couple friends (non TDI'ers) who might be interested & are a lot of fun. So I guess the where depends on how many & their preferences.

Dave

DuluthRooster

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat GLS TDI
I live in the Berkeley Lake/Peachtree Corners area of Gwinnett County. I have been a member of the TDI board for quite a while and have owned several TDIs. Currently have an '05 B5.5. My career has been in sales and sales management mostly in building and industrial products. Currently looking since my layoff from Alcoa in February.

I also recommend the Asheville or Madison GTGs. They are great opportunities to meet other TDI'ers and learn.

Anyone have a VAG-Com cable so I could run some logs for Jeff at RC?

Vegged-Out

Veteran Member
TDI
dbent,

yea, variety is the spice of life I guess. My family keeps telling me to settle down a bit, so I have been in this career for 10 years. Longest to date, but it is always changing so I get to stay interested and challenged. Who knows, maybe I will start repairing TDI's on the side and get out of the corporate rat race.

edjet

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDi,
I live in Snellville, 3 Jettas, 98 MkIII, 99 MKIII(DeerKiller), 00 GLS, aircraft mechanic with Delta for 20 yrs.

Andy, I have Vag-Com, I can help you out.

Ed

MBoni

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen
mcH said:
I currently have CCM problems, and wish there were more 3rd party VW shops in the Atlanta area. Can anyone recommend someone who is good at electrical diagnosis? Even an off-work VW tech would work for me.
Hiya Sheryl,

There are 2 TDI guru's in the greater atlanta region, one to the north and one to the south. You'd have to check the guru thread for details.

I've got a 3rd-party shop very close to me, 'VW Technology' run by a guy named Orlando. He used to work for the Jim Ellis dealership, but ended up starting his own shop virtually across the street from the dealer. Seems to be a pretty good guy, but I haven't used him for much yet. He did receive a good recommendation from a coworker, which is how I heard about him.
http://www.vw-technology.com/

Richard55

Vendor
TDI
2000 NB
dbent
sorry I don't camp anymore, wish the wife would but, hot and cold running bellhops are a must for her now. Hardlabor state park is right down the street from my house, they have everything from cabins to remote sites. That is about 25 minutes from the club in Greensboro.
A tdi event at the club would be great, someone put it together and we will do it.
Hint hint, SDD