www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Golf TDI Picture Gallery

Golf TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Golf TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old June 14th, 2017, 06:15   #16
Growler
Got Soot Vendor

I imagine its like a stage 1 chiptune. yes its working harder than it was, and it is giving you a reward (faster cooling of the cavernous interior) for its extra effort but its not working so hard as to be much of a worry. I know from my experience from the ALH, that running a vnt-15 at 21psi isnt a good thing to do, but it will run all day long at 17. this is kinda like that for me in my thinking.

Especially since this is a factory installed option, just not turned on for my region, I will lose exactly zero sleep over this mod. my MFA mileage was unchanged this morning from any previous experiences so I am hopeful to not see any mileage hits, but even if I do, i'd rather be comfortable.
Schnurren 2001 Golf 2 door.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2017, 09:44   #17
TDI Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growler View Post
This shows my ignorance of anything newer than mk4...

How am I supposed to put fuel additive (powerservice silver fwiw) if I cannot stick a funnel into the fill hole... the misfuel thing won't allow me to insert my funnel.. how do I get around this "feature"...?
A bottle of Startron diesel additive works as they have a nice long neck. Buy one bottle and then refill with additive of your choice once empty.

http://www.starbrite.com/item/star-tron-diesel-additive

I like the 32 oz. bottle as it lasts for months.

Kind of shocked you went for a new ride but then one may want a change after many years/miles with an A4. Biggest adjustment for me going from A4 to NMS Passat was how quiet the NMS is! Know you'll do fine with Schmutz!
251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2017, 20:38   #18
benIV
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growler View Post
I imagine its like a stage 1 chiptune. yes its working harder than it was, and it is giving you a reward (faster cooling of the cavernous interior) for its extra effort but its not working so hard as to be much of a worry. I know from my experience from the ALH, that running a vnt-15 at 21psi isnt a good thing to do, but it will run all day long at 17. this is kinda like that for me in my thinking.
Especially since this is a factory installed option, just not turned on for my region, I will lose exactly zero sleep over this mod. my MFA mileage was unchanged this morning from any previous experiences so I am hopeful to not see any mileage hits, but even if I do, i'd rather be comfortable.
thanks. in regards to your last assertion, I say amen.

the past 4 days, between all the cars we own, only my wife's has working AC. The cars she lets me drive should be registered as torture devices on days like the past few we've had.

I would trade in half my fuel economy for some cold air right now. lol.
OCD TDICLUB MEMBER #6 - 2003 TDI Mafia Member
Orville, 2003 Jetta 5m Sedan
Knurren, 2003 Jetta 5m Wagon (Golf Variant)

1974 Super Beetle Conv, 1956 Mercedes 560 SL
benIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2017, 14:22   #19
MOGolf
Veteran Member

My 2016 RR came with an adapter that allow "gas size" nozzles on diesel pumps to be used. You can stop by my place and borrow it for a few seconds to add additive. You might also consider getting one of these adapters. I had to use it in Jacksonville, NC.