www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > South Eastern USA

South Eastern USA Local discussions for those in the South Eastern USA. (Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee)

Old June 7th, 2017, 06:45   #496
ATLSilverTDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 42.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooville View Post
It was good to see some fellow TDI enthusiast! I agree, we need to have a better diesel presence! We won't be available for July 2nd, but August is looking good! The DurtyDubs are a good group.

I would agree, i think July is out for me as well, as it is right before the holiday weekend, August is good, or the fall. Lets get a good group out for some fun.

ATLSilverTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2017, 20:32   #497
SpeedyR

TDI(s): 2005 Jetta
Default tdi shop in ATL

maybe I'll see a few of you at the next Caffeine and Octane show. I sometimes meet a buddy there with a vanagon, but usually ride a bike over (I have a few KTM motorcycles).

any recommendations on a good local shop for TDI work? I am pretty sure I blew the turbo in my 05 jetta MK IV TDI a few weeks ago. lots of white smoke, loss of power, etc. Towed it home and it's been sitting till I have time to look into it. I called a shop a week or two ago and was quoted about $2k to fix it with a new turbo/manifold. Car has 250k miles so debating on fixing it or just selling it as a project to someone for cheap. I talked to two other friends with TDI's and they were thinking in the $800-1k range for the turbo but wasn't sure if that was just an aftermarket turbo vs. OE.

anyway if anyone has a recommendation for a good shop to talk to about replacing the turbo let me know. otherwise maybe I'll see you at the next C&O show!
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2017, 07:40   #498
Big Swole
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 02 Golf TDI
Fuel Economy: 40 something I'm sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyR View Post
maybe I'll see a few of you at the next Caffeine and Octane show. I sometimes meet a buddy there with a vanagon, but usually ride a bike over (I have a few KTM motorcycles).
any recommendations on a good local shop for TDI work? I am pretty sure I blew the turbo in my 05 jetta MK IV TDI a few weeks ago. lots of white smoke, loss of power, etc. Towed it home and it's been sitting till I have time to look into it. I called a shop a week or two ago and was quoted about $2k to fix it with a new turbo/manifold. Car has 250k miles so debating on fixing it or just selling it as a project to someone for cheap. I talked to two other friends with TDI's and they were thinking in the $800-1k range for the turbo but wasn't sure if that was just an aftermarket turbo vs. OE.
anyway if anyone has a recommendation for a good shop to talk to about replacing the turbo let me know. otherwise maybe I'll see you at the next C&O show!

Andrew Rodriguez Corp at (AARodriguezCorp)
www.fixmyvw.com
in Douglasville area I think (he's got a new shop)

He's the one that did all the mods to my 02 Golf TDI
Big Swole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2017, 10:23   #499
rix337
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 09 Jetta TDI

Andrew is in Dallas. Great guy, great shop!! Can't recommend him enough!����
VCDS HexCan+USB in ATL area
Best tank 778 miles
rix337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2017, 07:32   #500
ATLSilverTDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 42.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyR View Post

Look up Troy Sentz in Holly Springs, it is a little out of Atlanta, but he does the best work, especially these type of jobs. He is on the list of trusted mechanics if you can't find him PM me and I will give you his number

ATLSilverTDI is offline   Reply With Quote