2003 jetta gls,dark green metallic,cream leather
2003 jetta tdi auto or 2001 jetta tdi manual
same price,same miles.

canadatoon

TDI
tdenhartigh said:
manual...more fun to drive and better mpg
i went for the auto as it was newer and had leather.....i'm beginning to think i made the wrong choice.
:mad:

J double R

Fail Train Conductor
TDI
'00 Golf 4 door
i was dead set on a manual tranny, so dead set that i would have gone without a car however long it took to get one, and boy am i glad for it!

Don't kick yourself too hard over the auto, you'll thank yourself the first time you get stuck in a jam on the freeway. :)

stancho

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
The auto TDI is also a very fun car to drive. That said, I sometimes regret not having a 5-spd. I used to drive a manual Accord previously and occasionaly miss shifting my own gears.

Also, make sure you service the transmission regularly (OEM fluid & filter) at least once every 100K. These transmissions are known to be prone to trouble.

TDIRyan

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI Black
I like my auto, and I didn't have to do a clutch to add more power! It'll handle PP357's and RC2 with no issues at all. There's plenty of power to spin the tires (grippy tires at that). My only things are 1. the torque converter isn't locked enough and 2. There is a dead spot in the power between 40 and 60.

It works out ok for me cause i have 2 other cars that are sticks (and one that's much more fun to drive in curves)... one is a 5 speed, one is a 3 on the tree!

canadatoon

TDI
stancho said:
The auto TDI is also a very fun car to drive. That said, I sometimes regret not having a 5-spd. I used to drive a manual Accord previously and occasionaly miss shifting my own gears.

Also, make sure you service the transmission regularly (OEM fluid & filter) at least once every 100K. These transmissions are known to be prone to trouble.
i got the car last wednesday and as the car has 130 km's i have already ordered the at filter kit and a new oil and fuel filter for it....happy days!
:rolleyes: