Wanted 96-03 tdi manual cheap

ndamico

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2003 Golf 2Dr TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2002 Duramax, 2003 Duramax
Need to get something for my sister in law. She's starting a new life and needs a car. Dents, bad paint ok. Just needs to be a solid runner with a manual, AC and not a rust bucket as ill have to wrench on it. Salvage title ok. Jetta, golf, wagon, bug, etc. I'm sure the jetta will be the cheapest as most common. Would be will to travel a couple hours for the right car.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

vwxyzero

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat Sedan, '96 TDI Passat Wagon, & Jetta Sedan, '83 Turbodiesel (IDI)
Need to get something for my sister in law. She's starting a new life and needs a car. Dents, bad paint ok. Just needs to be a solid runner with a manual, AC and not a rust bucket as ill have to wrench on it. Salvage title ok. Jetta, golf, wagon, bug, etc. I'm sure the jetta will be the cheapest as most common. Would be will to travel a couple hours for the right car.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
What's your idea of inexpensive, and are you willing to do a little work on the engine?
I have two 96 TDIs that I haven't had the time for lately, a wagon that's totaled with a good engine, and a sedan that needs head/valve work. Both cars in the LA area since about 2004. Give me a ballpark figure and I'll give you more info if you're interested.

Cheers

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
There's a clean 2.5 Beetle, stick, near me that hasn't sold in months. I'd guess $2500 would take it.