2014 Audi A6/A7 TDI: Turbodiesels a ‘perfect fit’

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Wonder if that 6 cyl would ever find it's way into the Passat or Tiguan?

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
Wonder if that 6 cyl would ever find it's way into the Passat or Tiguan?
Maybe the Passat, but no way the Tiguan. I drove the Q5 with it, and it has far more power than necessary. The Tig is smaller and (I assume) lighter. I think the 2L that's coming in the GTD would be just fine, and probably get upper 30s MPG. Some of us that can keep a lid on our right foot could likely even hit 40!

Anyway, both the Passat and Tiguan are transverse engines. Audi mounts theirs longitudinally. My guess is the EPA would require a complete certification for the change. That ain't cheap.

Last edited:

MrSprdSheet

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW TDI
From the link:
" From the traffic-snarled streets of the capital, we escaped to bucolic rural Maryland and Virginia, with bountiful greenery and freshly mowed lawns, crossing the Potomac River several times and cresting the Blue Ridge Mountains. We meandered the undulating backroads...yada, yada"

I hope I get to do that, some day. For now, I wish the A7 interior could be installed in a Tesla, for when I'm away from the Blue Ridge Mountains. That this model is getting the 3.0 is worth the bump. Absolutely beautiful car, in an even better package.

fitzski

Veteran Member
TDI
Uh... hmm... Well, none...
What's the deal with Avant's for North America - only the A4 allroad is now available? Any word on bringing in an A6 Avant - ideally with the same TDI noted above??? I wasn't aware that Avant's were dropped after 2012, until I started looking at options to replace the W8 in the last month or so (ooooh... I hope she's not reading this...).