mk5 2.0T axle interchange with 2.0TDI??

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
does anyone know if:

2006 passat sedan 2.0T

fit/will work with

2009 passat b6 wagon with a 6speed manual transmission with a 2.0 TDI CR Engine

anyone know?? thanks

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
nobody knows?

i tried looking online...it uses different part numbers but it all looks identical...just dont know for sure

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
hmm, doesnt show a jetta and passat on the same list....good site but its not 100% in detail

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Are you looking to go from a passat to another passat, or from a jetta to a passat?

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Are you looking to go from a passat to another passat, or from a jetta to a passat?
I need to know which axles will fit a b6 passat wagon with a 6speed Manual transmission bolted to a 2.0L CR TDI

Europe had these b6 passat wagons with TDIs in them but not North America

I have choices of axles from following cars. But not sure which fits:

2009 b6 passat wagon automatic 2.0T gas
2006 b6 passat sedan 6spd Manual 2.0T gas
2009 Jetta sedan 6spd Manual 2.0 CR TDI
2014 Jetta sedan 6spd Manual 2.0 CR TDI

So from which car will the axles fit for a 2009 b6 passat wagon 6spd Manual CR TDI

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I'm fairly certain the '06 b6 2.0T gas 6mt axles are what you need.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The automatic for sure will be different, as those use the Aisin trans and they are the snap in style inners.

The outer joints are likely the same, and the inner joints if the diameter (bolt circle) is the same then that should work.

The only difference left is the length, and the Passat is a wee bit larger than the Ax cars, so they may be a smidge longer.

Wish I could help you more.

There are also some gearbox/axles that use the old style 6 ball Rzeppa style joint, and some that use a 3-pot plunge type joint, and these are not interchangeable.

Last edited:

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
I think the 2006 will fit the diesel as well. Maybe the shifter linkage is the same too

Just trying to gather everything I will need to do my diesel swap