Where is the wheel lock located?

Jay_si2000

TDI
2011 VW JSW
Where is the wheel lock located?
I was looking for it in the trunk compartment & I didn't see it.
I was going to install the mud guards but was unable to find the wheel lock.

Finmad

TDI
2011 VW JSW
If it is not the splined type. Call the dealer and request a splined set. The wheel locks with the funky key design are worth S&*T. In the past week, I have spent better than 6 hours drilling out two of the wheel bolts because that stupid wheel lock stripped either the bolt or the socket. Oh and by the way the old trick of hammering on a socket doesn't work anymore. they put a floating collar on the bolts now. Can anyone say $30 hardened steel drill bit... They are worthless. Anyway how many wheels are stolen now a days, esspecialy factory wheels......

BovvyD

TDI
2011 6MT Golf TDI
If it is not the splined type. Call the dealer and request a splined set. The wheel locks with the funky key design are worth S&*T. In the past week, I have spent better than 6 hours drilling out two of the wheel bolts because that stupid wheel lock stripped either the bolt or the socket. Oh and by the way the old trick of hammering on a socket doesn't work anymore. they put a floating collar on the bolts now. Can anyone say $30 hardened steel drill bit... They are worthless. Anyway how many wheels are stolen now a days, esspecialy factory wheels......
Quote a lot actually - I still see these claims all the time.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
The first time I had to put on the spare due to a flat, I went to the dealership the next day and spent the whopping $5 to get four bolts to take off the locks.

If people really want to steal your rims, locks won't stop them.

PureDope

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVI JSW
Just a few days ago somebody attempted to steal the wheels off my buddy's 20AE, if it weren't for the wheel locks he'd be out 4 genuine aristos.