2004 VW Jetta Wgn Gettysburg PA 168K Miles

Rich_of_Gettysburg

TDI
None TDI
2004 VW Jetta Wgn Gettysburg PA 168K Miles SOLD

SOLD

Dear TDI Community,
Price drop: $5,250 negotiable.
I am selling my 2004 VW Jetta Station Wagon TDI near Gettysburg PA.
I bought this in DE early 2011 and have used it to tow an ultra-light trailer (sleeper trailer weighing about 800 lbs) and as a commuter car for several years.
I am asking $6,250. At time of writing, it is mechanically sound. 167,635 miles as of this morning (7/2/16). Timing belt was replaced a year and a bit ago, at about 160,000 miles or so. I change the oil roughly every 3K mi. It has fairly low mileage on the tires.
I get 43 MPG when the car is not towing, and I get about 20-25 when towing depending on if I am just camping or going to an event needing a lot of cargo. The VW is content to pull the 800 lb trailer, plus about 700 lbs of pottery for my wife's art business. We just bought a replacement minivan to accommodate the growing art business.
It is a good car. It has a few scratches and chips as expected on a 12 year old car. I have also replaced the rear suspension as towing caused wear and tear.
It has the sunroof, cloth seats, cruise control, factory upgrade stereo (Monsoon package), and the power locks/mirrors convenience group. The heated seats don't work, didn't when I bought it; I never cared enough about that feature to investigate why not. Also, it has tinted windows. Shiftable automatic, Tiptronic transmission.
Serious inquires may contact me. I am not a dealer, I am selling privately.
Thanks,
Rich

Last edited:

Rich_of_Gettysburg

TDI
None TDI
Yeah, Ok. I'm new here. Big deal. I still can't upload photos directly. $6000 vice $6250. Photos are on the TDI Forum for Photos, under Jetta.

Last edited:

Rich_of_Gettysburg

TDI
None TDI

Rich_of_Gettysburg

TDI
None TDI
Price lowered, $5,250. Negotiable. Mileage is 168,158 post trip. Condition unchanged.
Thanks for all the views.
Rich

Clroads

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan, 05 Passat sedan
Got to test drive that car when it first came into the dealer as a trade-in in '11. Needed a wheel bearing, but rode nice. Nice combo. Hopefully someone will jump on it.