1999.5 Jetta - Lots of Performance Parts - For parts/repair $1500

AutomotiveNoob

TDI
Silver 2000 Jetta
First, everyone loves pictures. Here's a drive folder with a few pics of the car and a few important receipts for work done.

Second, here's why I'm selling. No evidence of brake fluid leak into transmission, master and slave replaced, still doesn't engage/disengage properly. It can be shifted into gear when the car is off and when it's rolling if you match the RPMs correctly. If in gear with the car off we can start it and clutch works good enough to pull on to a trailer.

Now, about the car. It's a 1999.5, formerly silver now red, lots of upgrades. Mileage is approx 255k. Best way to get an idea of the car and parts on it is to check out my build thread, link in my signature. I've had the car since a turbo failure at 193ish thousand. I've ran T6 most of the time I've had it and before I believe my uncle who had it previously ran Mobile 1 0W40 or 5W40 full synthetic.

The Good:
At the timing belt failure at 205xxx miles I did the following:
Frank06 Head Rebuild (he also setup Titan 520s for me)
Full timing belt job
Borg Warner BV39
DC Stage 2

Later Aaron from Bora Parts did a Custom Malone Stage 4 tune for these parts at a GTG Growler hosted. Also installed aluminum block off plates for the EGR delete.

Since the TB failure at 205xxx miles at various mileages I've done that I can remember:
Slotted/Dimpled rotors and brakes. (Front rotors are starting to warp, one rear has a little damage from a stuck caliper. I just had the guides replaced and back pads replaced before the clutch failed.)
Full Suspension Refresh (Bilstein TC Sport Shocks/Struts, GLS Springs, Strut/Shock mounts, TT LCA Bushings, UCA Bushings, Ball Joints.)
New Tail Light (Like a few weeks ago, neighbor backed into it...)
MAF Sensor

Other random things:
Alpine Head Unit and a little 8" subwoofer that I made a custom box for that tucks into the side of the trunk.
Rubber VW logo front floor mats

The Bad:
The car is old...so it's rough. I'd recommend it for a parts car but do what you want. It went in a ditch a few winters back so the front bumper and passenger door is beat up, window permanently up (part in the door that holds it broke so I zip tied it.) The only other damage in that accident was the windshield which I replaced. Small dent in the trunk. Exhaust is only half present. Standard interior casualties such as the glove box hinges/handle. Coolant is the basic green stuff as of a recent replacement, there is a slow leak somewhere. Shift knob is something that younger dumber me put on from Advance Auto and it's falling apart.

That's about it, shoot me a PM if you need more info. Make me an offer; as much as I love it I'm ready to see it gone. If you wanted it for parts I may take some of them for my brothers 2.0 Jetta (mirrors, floor mats, suspension) and cut you a deal on the main engine components and whatever else you want. If you just want parts make me an offer and I'll consider parting.

Last edited:

Moesauction!

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2001 tdi 423,000 sold:[ , 2003 tdi 425,000 lower ryder hot rod 17/22 520rc southbend clutch. 2005 mercedes cdi 232,000 sold , 2003 7.3 ford 586,000 miles.
sent email.