2003 ALh Jetta Clutch advice

kball

TDI
2006 mk5 tdi, 03 alh
Been reading through a bunch of posts and none are really hard answers wen it comes to what clutches will hold. Basically I have a stock ALH besides a malone stg1 tune. I've been looking for a clutch that'll hold this that comes in under the price of a south bend unit. Sachs, G60/VR6 some guys say they're great others say they slipped right away. So is it best to just spend 1k on a south bend or is there another clutch that'll truly last with a mildly modified engine?

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
With your tune you shouldn't need much, I have a stage 3 tune and the SB stage 2 DD clutch that comes with the SB pressure plate and a Sachs pressure pad.
Stage 1 is a little above stock and should be fine with a stock pressure plate from all the reading I have done.
The pressure plate and flywheel will be the variance in the choice, so if money is the issue then you could look up the parts individually and find better prices on them.

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
I've paid about 650 shipped for me S2E Southbend clutch kit and just over 500 for a S2D for a car that won't make as much power as the endurance will hold.

If you don't plan to go any further with power there are many cost effective options.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

derek5120

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta GLS
Guys we are in Canada-land so remember that U.S pricing/parts kill us over here. That 600-650 clutch would be 800 for us before tax, duty and shipping. At your power level all you need is a sachs or valeo.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW