2microntech - Helping to Keep Your Common Rail VW Alive!!

KG4BHR

TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6M
Just bought a buyback car with these kits still installed.
Looking for any documentation.
Sent a PM to 2micron, hoping he's still getting notifications.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)

You are a lucky man (or woman)! What do you need to know? The most important thing to do - is nothing, leave it alone and it will do it's job. There is even a good chance that the filter will outlast your car, unless the HPFP fails and the filter then does it's real job and prevents a bigger disaster.

Probably the best "documentation" available is to read this entire thread, especially the posts with pictures.

Have Fun!

Don

KG4BHR

TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6M
You are a lucky man (or woman)! What do you need to know? The most important thing to do - is nothing, leave it alone and it will do it's job. There is even a good chance that the filter will outlast your car, unless the HPFP fails and the filter then does it's real job and prevents a bigger disaster.

Probably the best "documentation" available is to read this entire thread, especially the posts with pictures.

Have Fun!

Don
Thanks for the reply Don, I'll sit down and read this thread when I get a few hours LOL

Shawn

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Is there anywhere to buy these anymore? Specifically lookig for one for a CKRA.

mr_y82

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have... '11 Golf, 6-spd, 2-door

You lucky b-----d! I took mine off and sold them before buyback... when 2micron shut it down I had regrets because now I want another TDI... good excuse for a cp3 next time, eh?

Anyway, as Don already said, you might eventually need to change the filter on the kit, but otherwise you are set; did they install the gauge to indicate when it is getting some resistance? It will take a long long time...

kashtyaatsi

TDI
2011 Golf
So disappointed this product died. Is there no alternative for us who've bought a tdi recently? Aside from just upgrading the pump?

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 OZ Cruze CTD & 2010 JSW 6MT & 2017 GMC Canyon CCLB ATX 2.8 Duramax
Darkside developments in the U.K. sells 2micron-style filter kits for those of you looking for one

BRIAN427COBRA

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, 2015 Passat SEL
not the same, the 2 micron tech kit filtered the fuel before going to the injectors, and the return fuel, that way if the fuel pump failed all the chips/flakes/dust were contained and not reintroduced to the fuel tank

kashtyaatsi

TDI
2011 Golf
Yeah looks like upgrading the pump from darkside or GDM is our only option as of now. Or fab something up yourself.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
2micron..... I am one of the first people to get his kit.... sadly He closed his business for good right after diesel gate scandal hit. plus other reasons which I'm not gonna say it on here.

whitbread, xman turbos in UK makes good kits for 09-14 CJAA engines. they are working on CKRA and 2015 EA288 engines, the last time we spoke.

good luck.

bsm38

TDI
jetta 2014
Hello Forrest,
Thank you for asking!
I have a couple options for you:
Right now:
CP3 pump kit. It's more than well proven to allow you to forget the HPFP concern and have the ultimate piece of mind for fuel system reliability. 100% bolt on, plug and play with no ECU modifications required. Works perfectly on a factory emissions car up to and beyond our current "stage(s)" of tune.
Many report easy installation, factory look, faster starts and a very minor increase in fuel economy. Comes with the One Micron filter head, filtering your fuel after the factory fuel filter, giving you the cleanest, best chance at water free fuel fed to your new pump and injectors.
Option #2
The original "Contain Flow" filter kit. New one piece design with no fittings to leak. Uses the CimTek 70025 one micron filter to filter the return fuel from your factory HPFP, protecting your low pressure system from pump contamination. These are available right now as well.
The Contain Flow kit above should be paired with the original Pure Flow kit that is coming back soon..... very soon.
It's also a one piece design, no fittings to leak, see pictures a few posts back.
Send me an email if you wish and I can give you pricing options.
Thank you,
Andrew
tdi2micron@yahoo.ca
HI Andrew, send pricing options for 2 kits car is 2014 jetta tdi please