Scratches on The Touchscreen Display

moonlite

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
I just noticed several scratches on my touchscreen display. I think my son had some sand or something on his finger when he was playing with the sound settings. The scratches are not that deep because I can barely feel them when I lightly drag my fingernail over them. Although, they are visible in daylight.

I can live with it as time goes on, but it would be nice if I could fix them. Anyone have a successful scratch repair DIY they want to share?

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
I just noticed several scratches on my touchscreen display. I think my son had some sand or something on his finger when he was playing with the sound settings. The scratches are not that deep because I can barely feel them when I lightly drag my fingernail over them. Although, they are visible in daylight.

I can live with it as time goes on, but it would be nice if I could fix them. Anyone have a successful scratch repair DIY they want to share?
if you can feel them I doubt you can fix them unless you replace the screen

sportwagen3

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SE
I have an extra MIB1 display as I recently did the conversion to MIB2. PM if you're interested in a replacement.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Probably some kind of car or other wax will minimize the obvious flaw, but may slightly affect the touchscreen workings.