Alh 10mm vs 11mm ip

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
I wish we had better tuning support on this side. It's just so expensive to mod these cars then another 350 to 500 for a tune and the car never hits the dyno, you never meet anyone...just tell me what you have and here's a map...no fine tuning or curve smoothing or nothing...
buy the cable, it's like 20 bucks and a couple months of learning curve

then procrastinate for other reasons

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
Tero was quicker, there was one there on the video and it's not only one here. It's all about good tune(r) and well functioning entity.
Impressive boss man very impressive. Question for you then. I have a alh bored to a 2.0 with built bottom end plus colt stage 3 cam and over sized valve head. Currently have a 11mm pump on it and .460 nozzles. What is the power range I can be looking to achieve? I am states side so there are only so many tuners over here. Was looking into rocket chip since he’s only a few hours from me.

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
So true...I've got so much to do, little things like shifter bushings, and hopefully the speed sensitive whine is wheel bearing and not transmission issues

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ketchupshirt88

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat daily, a bunch of others in the graveyard out back...
buy the cable, it's like 20 bucks and a couple months of learning curve

AHHH!!! the truth... it burns... make it stop...

if i didnt procrastinate so much, id be over 300hp by now.... or i would have turned gears into shrapnel, whichever comes first.

p0wer

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 3 -94 1Z 377hp, Golf 3 Cabrio 4-Motion 1.8T 620hp, Golf 3 Syncro 2.9 VR6 HX52, Bora AJM 4-Motion 2260vk +120% Firad, Passat 3B Syncro AFN 2260vk
Currently have a 11mm pump on it and .460 nozzles. What is the power range I can be looking to achieve? I am states side so there are only so many tuners over here. Was looking into rocket chip since he’s only a few hours from me.
I lost almost 100hp when i changed 0.341 nozzles to 0.460 with 11mm IP and same AFR and boost (tuned both to somewhere same AFR). I used only 2.6-2.8V injection pump voltage with HX35 + 3 bar of boost and AFR was like 15 or so and smoked a lot, so they really are big. They need BIG IP that they could work properly. I'd say they could be good somewhere on 600hp with enormous pump :D

So with this information i'd say somewhere 300hp or bit over if there's plenty of air :/

Last edited:

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
I have a gtb2260 turbo and hopefully run about 30-35lbs on it. So with that big of nozzles I need a large pump for them? Maybe I need to downsize the nozzle size to match the pump and make more than 300hp? Thanks for the replies also.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
my unfinished 400HP build is probably going to use a 12mm pump with a 13mm head, im not sure yet, food for though!

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Hey Kerma Tuned, when did you last run boost logs on your car? The smoke is usually to spool the turbo, then the turbo spikes, then the ECU cuts the fuel and the car feels like it died, but in a second or two the power comes back? Is this what is happening?

Kerma_tuned

TDI
2002 jetta tdi alh
Hey Kerma Tuned, when did you last run boost logs on your car? The smoke is usually to spool the turbo, then the turbo spikes, then the ECU cuts the fuel and the car feels like it died, but in a second or two the power comes back? Is this what is happening?
I havent ran any boost logs.
I usually take my foot out of it before it will coming back to life.
I have even let of and re-applied the accelerator in a milder fashion and it will continue to bog down.
It not until it recovers a steady speed that i can accelerate

Last edited:

p0wer

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 3 -94 1Z 377hp, Golf 3 Cabrio 4-Motion 1.8T 620hp, Golf 3 Syncro 2.9 VR6 HX52, Bora AJM 4-Motion 2260vk +120% Firad, Passat 3B Syncro AFN 2260vk
I have a gtb2260 turbo and hopefully run about 30-35lbs on it. So with that big of nozzles I need a large pump for them? Maybe I need to downsize the nozzle size to match the pump and make more than 300hp? Thanks for the replies also.

Yeah that's tiiiiny turbo for the other setup for sure, it eats all the benefits from other modifications. You do not want try to take 300hp with it unless everything is exactly right, even though it will be nonsensibly accurate. Also bigger bore usually causes worse head gasket durability with high hp -not sure what gasket you use though, if you have it for bigger bore too.

11mm stock pump is okayish for over 400hp. Depends what manufacturer nozzles you use, what size works best. 0.341 hfloxes and 0.32 Gibonta's are maybe the best ones with it from what i know and what i've tried. 0.36 Gibonta's are too big as power starts to drop with them, but with 12mm head they may be good if you can make IP last revs enough :)

Last edited:

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
Yeah that's tiiiiny turbo for the other setup for sure, it eats all the benefits from other modifications. You do not want try to take 300hp with it unless everything is exactly right, even though it will be nonsensibly accurate. Also bigger bore usually causes worse head gasket durability with high hp -not sure what gasket you use though, if you have it for bigger bore too.

11mm stock pump is okayish for over 400hp. Depends what manufacturer nozzles you use, what size works best. 0.341 hfloxes and 0.32 Gibonta's are maybe the best ones with it from what i know and what i've tried. 0.36 Gibonta's are too big as power starts to drop with them, but with 12mm head they may be good if you can make IP last revs enough :)
Well I thank you for the info. Great food for thought.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Main value in an 11mm pump is avoiding a second nozzle upgrade. Should data log your tune in 3rd gear from say 15-1800 rpm and have it adjusted if needed to dial back smoke if EMPs are too excessive. It shouldn't be falling flat like that and it will hurt turbo life.

I wish we had better tuning support on this side. It's just so expensive to mod these cars then another 350 to 500 for a tune and the car never hits the dyno, you never meet anyone...just tell me what you have and here's a map...no fine tuning or curve smoothing or nothing...
Not all like that, we do have a dyno and even built a log viewer into the site to help with data analysis for tune adjustments https://log.malonetuning.com/chart/242166

dyno tuning is typically for heavily modded cars though, road logging is much better for most cases since you can do full drive sessions, plus dyno equipment isn't cheap.

Last edited:

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
you can boost that turbo to 40 psi all day long,

p0wer

Veteran Member
TDI
Well I thank you for the info. Great food for thought.
Np. Great if I could help.

Main value in an 11mm pump is avoiding a second nozzle upgrade.
Not good update though, only stresses more timing belt and heats more fuel than stock pump. And no benefits compared to again enlarged enough big nozzles.

dyno tuning is typically for heavily modded cars though, road logging is much better for most cases since you can do full drive sessions, plus dyno equipment isn't cheap.
Here it's totally normal that we always do custom from the beginning for stock or heavily modded cars on dyno or by driving. Many people dont trust only OBD-uploaded "crap" without fine tune, which is good. Thatś ridiculous many tuners does not even tune by himself, only sends files forward for editing or install tune without driving and then praise how good softwares they have :D

Should data log your tune in 3rd gear from say 15-1800 rpm and have it adjusted if needed to dial back smoke if EMPs are too excessive. It shouldn't be falling flat like that and it will hurt turbo life.
Openin vanes from the problem area would solve the problem more than adjusting IQ. IQ decreasing does not drop EMP, usually it's contrarywise.

you can boost that turbo to 40 psi all day long,
Yes it can be done. But again from my experiences, without significant benefits cause amount of air is barely increasing, only causes EMP and EGT raise and more stress for head gasket and turbo, especially with 2.0 and high flow head. But every one has their own style and let's have prooved results speak for themselves.

Let's take an example. What EMP have you had (at 1.9?) with 40psi of boost and 5000rpm and how much you got more power with 30 -> 40psi?

Last edited:

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
I've been running 40 psi with gtb2260 over 7 years, never had issues with head gasket, the only time I had issue is when i open the W/M fully, it lifts up the head and that's only with nozzle 1, and i have special head studs with stronger clamping force than ARP, so i do not use W/M and golf has no issue