New VW Radio with AUX

davran

TDI
'05 Passat TDI Wagon
All,
I've done some looking the interweb, and searched some forums, but didn't find what I'm looking for.
I'd like a radio with CD and AUX (or just AuX and/or Bluetooth), but I want to keep all the connections to the ecu that the stock Monsoon has -- no I don't know the proper terms.
Is there a newer VW radio that is plug an play with my '05 passat tdi?
Thank you,
Dave

Last edited:

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
I used a pioneer bluetooth head unit with adapter from crutchfield. I run the full monsoon system. Sounds terrific. Added another amp and subs as well.

They also had the dash install kit. I dont think i spent more than 150 on everything.

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Are you saying you want connectivity via CAN/VagCom?

If yes then look on ECStunings sight. I think they had something like that.

dlai

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat, Stonehenge Gray, 2002 Black Golf 5M
Looks like in that thread, it actually doesn't say which RCN 210 to get for a Passat. Get a RCN 210 with a non 31g prefix and the correct adapter for the 2002 and up quad lock and CAN bus equipped cars. It will work fine, I have one working on my Passat with steering wheel controls.

Last edited:

campingalan

TDI
05 Passat Wagon TDI
Thanks for the info; I'll dig into this further.
Good evening sir. If you currently have the stock AM/FM/CD radio and just looking for an auxiliary plug in, this is what I did. Many years ago I had BestBuy install an Aux port. It is tied to a small FM transmitter mounted out of sight. There is a small rocker button also installed that turns the aux transmitter on and off. I have never had a problem with it. It is just a minor inconvenience to turn on the transmitter and tune your FM radio to the station (which I have set as a preset, of course).

And to clarify, this does not include a Bluetooth connection. It is only the 3.5mm aux jack that you could plug in your phone or mp3 player.

Overall cost was just above $100 USD.

Good luck with your endeavor!