2010 Trade-in opinion

ximfinity

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
What is the reigning opinion on maximum mileage for the 2010's? I'm approaching 80k miles and I was offered a pretty decent trade in for about 15-17k at the local dealership for a newer TDI.

Anyone have any experience or knowledge if I should consider this because I'm getting near some serious concerns for the DSG or anything else?

If so, whats the opinion on the newest TDIs?

Cheers.

A5INKY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2002 Eurovan Westphalia VR6
With proper care done by a trusted TDI mechanic, 80K miles is nothing. IMHO the 2009-2010 has been the pinnacle of Jetta TDIs to date. The later MKVI chassis design reverted to a previous gen rear suspension and "cheapened" materials and finishes throughout the car. If I had a clean 2010 with that few miles I'd wouldn't trade it in on a new one for any "deal".

Sure you will likely have to deal with certain issues eventually such as the DSG dual mass flywheel, but that is why I say have a trusted TDI mechanic care for it. They will be able to tell you when it is time well before bigger damage may result. The newer ones likely still have that issue anyway.

bl00tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Agreed. The only TDI I'd move to from a 09-10 is a 4-Door Golf. A newer Jetta would be a downgrade IMO.

ximfinity

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Thanks for the input, I was thinking the same, but wanted to make sure I wasn't misguided considering the DSG. Mine has definitely been babied aside from the highway miles.

I have tried out the newer Jettas and Golfs, and to be honest, both feel a lot lighter in build quality than the 2010 I have.

Thanks again

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Keep it :). The other post are spot on. My 2010 has 68k with no problems so far just oil and tires.

Marc_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
I have 50K on mine
After reading about the newer models and what was lost or changed...I'm keeping mine.
There needs to be some significant benefit before trading for a newer Jetta/Passat.

I'd be losing the independent suspension, fit/finish I'd rather loose the DPF.
I have had no major problems accept when a wiring harness went out.....the
original diagnosis was VERY wrong..told me my HPFP was failing..gave me a rebuild.
all this covered under the extended warranty...I believe I got my monies worth with that.

Maybe this was good? newer version pump = better?