www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old January 22nd, 2010, 08:48   #1
mysql
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Jetta wagon
Default what kind of model is my 2010 sportwagon tdi? (Not listed on geico insurance website)

I just added my 2010 sportwagon tdi to my geico policy. The problem is that the VIN doesn't automatically fill in the car make and model.

Geico has the following choices for Jetta:

JETA S
JETA SEL
JETA SPZEV
JETASEPZEV
JETTA
JETTA GL
JETTA GLI
JETTA GLS
JETTA S
JETTA SE
JETTA SPRT
JETTA TDI
JETTAGL TDI
JTAGLS1.8T
JTAGLSTDI
NEBTL TDI
NWJETTATDI

I currently have selected JETA GL TDI, and 4D WAG in the body style selection. The problem is, I don't see any mention of GL on the VW website, so I don't know if I have the proper selection.

Any idea? The woman on Gieco customer service tried to google and picked GL at random.

Last edited by mysql; January 22nd, 2010 at 09:33.
mysql is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 08:50   #2
mysql
Veteran Member

btw, JETA TDI option has a body type of SEDAN only. No wagon.

JETA GL TDI option only has the body type of 4D WAGON. No sedan.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 09:01   #3
fleuger99
Veteran Member

Mine here in MA is insured (Commerce Insurance) as a Jetta TD Wagon. It dropped from $1086 for my 2008 R32 to $962 for my 2010 JSW TDI.
2006 Jetta GLI
1998 Passat V6

Last edited by fleuger99; January 22nd, 2010 at 10:27.
fleuger99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 09:33   #4
lordscarlet

Geico does not seem to have the 2010 TDI's in their system. They certainly do not have the Golf TDI. I believe they are charging more for a GTI and have had a few phone calls with them trying to convince them of this fact. I tried to call Progressive to get a quote from them instead, but they didn't have it in their system either and wouldn't even give me a quote until it was added. A few days ago they said it should be added in four days.

I would suggest changing the title of this post to refer to insurance, because I assume a number of us have had the same problem.
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 09:34   #5
mysql
Veteran Member

updated title
Old January 22nd, 2010, 15:02   #6
masterflex164
Veteran Member

TDI(s): ...

Geico insures our '10 Sportwagen TDI and it says "2010 VOLKS JETTA TDI," and they know full well it's a wagon, so no idea...
masterflex164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 09:54   #7
Pelican18TQA4
Veteran Member

Hmm, it would seem that "JETA GL TDI, and 4D WAG in the body style" would be referring to the MkIV Jetta wagon! But, I guess as long as 2010 is selected as the model year, it's ok?? Insurance companies are weird. When I had my '08 R32, my insurance company didn't question anything when I gave them the VIN. My policy never said R32, but it did say "2008 VW R". I always took it to mean that the field character limit had been reached in the computer program. Turns out, when my policy renewed at the 6-month mark, I got a nice letter from my insurance company that when I purchased the R32, it wasn't in their system so they had the car insured as a 2008 VW Rabbit! And I wondered why my insurance didn't change at all from my '05 New Beetle TDI when I got the R32 Oh well, I had a nice 6-month repreve from high insurance.
"I interviewed the late Steve Yokich, then UAW president, almost ten years ago. When I suggested that Detriot might be putting too many eggs in one basket with its utter devotion to SUVs at the expense of passenger car development and asked if the union might take a position in favor of more economical cars, he started screaming at me." -Jamie Kitman, Automobile
Pelican18TQA4 is offline   Reply With Quote