Mikey141414's new 2000 Jetta!!!

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A 2015 Nissan Rogue, 2017 Sonata Plug in Hybrid
Hello all my KC TDI friends!! I hope everyone is fairing well so far this winter. My silver 2003 AT Jetta has created a small knock list of items to be fixed:
Front brakes
front bumper
Drivers window clips/regulator/ motor/???
glow plug replacement.

(old wheels)

So, with a list of things to do, Dogdots helped me find a black 2000 Jetta with an even longer list of items to fix:

brakes all the way around
GP harness/plugs
front glass
trunk lid
Timing belt
new battery
window reg.
new glove box
blah. blah. blah

but, I am grinning ear to ear to have a 2 TDIs in the driveway!! Anyone have any items that might help me on my way, I would appreciate a heads up!! thanks all!

Mikey

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
Hey Mikey - congrats on the purchase. You are now among the elite few of us who own both a silver auto TDI Jetta and a 5 speed TDI Jetta :p

Your silver one looks good with those wheels. Want to sell me a couple of your old smaller ones from that car?

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
Wish I could, but those big ones are my old wheels that I no longer have. Wish i still had them, except then, that car would have been grounded for the last month in this crappy weather.

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
mikey141414 said:
....... except then, that car would have been grounded for the last month in this crappy weather.
I haven't driven either of my TDI's since the snow hit :( I picked up a cheap Kia Sportage 4x4 with a broken timing belt on CL in December and got it finished right before the snow hit. The plan was to fix and sell, but this car is fantastic in this weather, and I haven't had to shovel ANY snow since it first hit. :D

It gets about 20mpg in 4x4 mode in this snow and warms up very quickly. I may keep this one just for a winter "beater" (it is actually very nice) for when I would normally need my winter tires on my Jetta. I am planning to dig out my hot rod Jetta sometime this week once all the snow is gone from my street, I sure miss that massive hit of torque :rolleyes: when I hit the fun pedal.

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
I want a fun pedal installed!! With my trunk lid damage, I have been throwing around some fanciful ideas of discarding the trunk of the Jetta and surgically implanting the truck bed of a Subaru Baja.

Perhaps not as severe or ugly, but similar principal. just an idea! DOn't get your Oxy torches sparked up yet, but its either that or try and make my trunk lid fit again, which might prove as difficult. Ideas?

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
I could be there Sunday to help. :)

A couple of times around here in OH I saw a Mk II Jetta with Mk I pickup bed grafted on. The partition was made by P. Wood and he had used DT Weld ;) applied by mechanic Bond Oh to hold it all together. Copious use Rustoleum white paint disguised any minor blemishes. At least it had the proper diesel badging on the tailgate.

I was driving my white 04 Passat Variant TDI and got a thumbs up from the driver.

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks MOGolf!! I'll keep that in mind that you are in on the idea. I might try messing around with some sketches. And as a disclaimer if my wife were to somehow read this, this is just for FUN!!!...for now.

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
mikey141414 said:
....or try and make my trunk lid fit again, which might prove as difficult. Ideas?
Used black trunk lid from www.car-part.com and this...

Or here's an idea, use it as a parts car. Save if for the trans, shifter ect and use it on your other Jetta, for when your 01m fails. And you can sell the engine.

Last edited:

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
very tempting... the hammer that is! HA! no, but yeah, I like that idea. The great thing about the whole deal, is that no matter what I do, I am ahead of the game. I am sure that there will be a transfer of parts in the fuure. WHether that is a tranny, my wife has yet to decide that.

weirdajs

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 New Beetle TDI

Hey nothing wrong with a HAMMER MOD Btw the nice Jetta. Oh Happy New Year KC tdier's.

Weirdajs/Aj/Andy

Last edited:

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
WOW! That's it! Ugly as ****, but that's it! I am sure I could make it look a bit better. Where did you find this photo?

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
That sounds Great! Tonight I changed the cabn filter, air filter, and realized that the shudder valve has been broken, fixed and broken again. Do I need to get a new one, or just let it stay in the open position, or fix the arm?

back brakes on Sunday maybe...

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
Kansas NB

I can almost smell Kansas if I try real hard[LOL]. I just bought 4 Blizzaks mounted on steel NB wheels on ebay.:D

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
So, here is some pics of the rear end damage. I went to a local body shop and they said that they would straighten it out for $100 if I brought in a new lid. So, i am searching for a used lid in the $150 range.

And, I got my rally lights mounted today. Just need to wire them up now and get that 4" lift.

Last edited:

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
mikey141414 said:
So, here is some pics of the rear end damage. I went to a local body shop and they said that they would straighten it out for $100 if I brought in a new lid. So, i am searching for a used lid in the $150 range.
There's a black one at Rogers Auto and Salvage, Lebanon, MO, $200. Possibly a black one for $175.24 at LKQ - Mid-America auto Parts in Topeka, KS.