Black out chrome window trim

ziffdine

TDI
2010 Jetta SportWagen TDI
Does anyone have experience blacking out the chrome window trim on a JSW? The chrome around the windows reminds me too much of when I first started driving in a 1982 Chevy Caprice. Any thoughts for a durable, preferably easy, blackout procedure would be welcomed. Thanks!

fleuger99

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
ziffdine said:
Does anyone have experience blacking out the chrome window trim on a JSW? The chrome around the windows reminds me too much of when I first started driving in a 1982 Chevy Caprice. Any thoughts for a durable, preferably easy, blackout procedure would be welcomed. Thanks!
Someone on Vortex used black vinyl strips that he applied over the chrome trim bits and it looked good. Do a search on Vortex.

mxzine

TDI
Jetta
ziffdine said:

I was thinking the same thing. Seems the TDI Club Edition has black trim.
I was going to check prices w/ dealer.

TXRanger83

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
bruce846 said:
And you take the whole car apart to get what... black trim?
haha just the doors, I just dont know how long vinyl would last at least for me the texas summer i think would make it fade quickly, but I dont plan on doing thing for a long time the chrome doesn't bother me on the window trim...just thought I would share the OEM option.