Mk3 for sale

98vwtdi8v

TDI
98 vw jetta
I'm looking for a mk3 for sale. I just wrecked mine and am looking for a transplant car. Message me with any leads please

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Boy I tell ya, that car is one of those deals where the engine will outlast the body several times over. So finding a good body with a bad engine may provide difficult.

The last A3 Jetta I had in here was a rusted wreck, 1/4 million mile gasser. The old ABA ran fine though.

I liked my '98 Jetta a lot when I had it, but the newer cars are really superior. And parts are more available for them too.

But maybe you can find a really low mileage pampered car from a non-salt use area, who knows. Most of the diesels got miled up pretty quickly.

Good luck with your search. If you decide to sell your wrecked car, post it here. Lots of good transplant opportunities for the AHU... like a diesel Vanagon (hint hint).

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
is $2k for a running car? I’d think you could find a complete shell, for less.

-Todd

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
I found a 81 rabbit to transplant into. Not sure if it is worth the 2K though
Yeah, I probably wouldn't buy that one. A running car is not what you're looking for, especially an older Rabbit like that. It will require a bunch of work to get to the point where it will work (electrically) with the CE2 electrics of the Mk3 car.

I really think it would be easier to just find another Mk3 that you could convert over plug-n-play.

If my Mk3 Jetta ever got wrecked I would look for a southern Mk3 Golf carcass to convert, it's the model we never got here with TDI that I always wanted. That way I could build my own 20th Jahre Mk3 GTI TDI clone. That or depending on the damage to the Jetta I'll have a Mk3 Golf Estate rear clip (plus rear doors) shipped over and I'll make my own Mk3 Golf TDI wagon. The latter is probably more than I'd really be excited about doing though...10 years ago maybe.

Steve

98vwtdi8v

TDI
98 vw jetta
I have been looking for a golf. That would be awesome to find. But no luck so far. At this point I'm fixing the jetta