The saga begins..

ig109

Veteran Member
TDI
F
04 BEW 5 speed car..

270k miles.. Previous Owner said all maintenance done by dealer before I owned it.

270k timing belt and cam / lifter swap done. Washed engine prior to beginning this project and caused a cam sensor code.. cleared and didn't return. Now that the new parts are on and it runs again the cam code is here to stay.. new sensor coming.

This has caused me not to be able to adjust my torsion value.. so keep that in mind

Now on to the next thing.. Friend and I debated and eventually agreed that since the old cam was worn so badly perhaps we should adjust the injector plungers.. see how off they might be..

#3 ran in almost a turn and a half.. while the other injectors only ran in a half turn.

Idle injection deviation is now -1.xx on one cylinder and +1.4x on cylinder 3

Is this something that will come back into itself.. is the fuel quantity something that the engine can "trim" over time or is it determined mechanically

Cam is a stock replacement from IDParts.. Not a colt..

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
How did you adjust the injectors?

If you have the cam adjusted too far either way, you'll get a code and won't be able to read the torsion value.

ig109

Veteran Member
TDI
F
You were right. We put it back where it was when we began and it was way advanced. Got it back to a healthy 1.0 cf and all is right with the world. Injection deviation is even spot on.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur

Glad it was something simple. :)

ig109

Veteran Member
TDI
F

Glad it was something simple. :)
I used the procedure on here plus one extra step. I alligned the cam lobe with the center of the roller and then used a dial indicator to ensure they were at full compression.. then bottomed the adjustment out and backed it up 180.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I used the procedure on here plus one extra step. I alligned the cam lobe with the center of the roller and then used a dial indicator to ensure they were at full compression.. then bottomed the adjustment out and backed it up 180.
That's it. Just wanted to make sure.