bent rims

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Check your local craigslist-that's where I bought and sold a few sets that I had for my A3 and B4. Just type in VW 4x100 wheels/rims (unless you have switched over to GLX parts).There's usually some around here,but shipping would be super expensive.

larrydc

TDI
96 Passat stationwagon
The problem I have been having with the scrap yards around here and not to far away is that they scrap them out first thing because they are number 1 scrap prices.

The other problem is it seems the only exact fit has to come off of a passat tdi 95-97. That's really hard to find.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
The problem I have been having with the scrap yards around here and not to far away is that they scrap them out first thing because they are number 1 scrap prices.
The other problem is it seems the only exact fit has to come off of a passat tdi 95-97. That's really hard to find.
Put a "wanted to buy" ad in the classifieds here. Also check over on Vortex classifieds and Passat World.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
You can use the "Orlando" rims from an A3 Jetta, the offset is a little different.Some people say it make the car handle a little weird,but I didn't notice any difference on my B4 sedan,not sure about wagon handling.Are you looking for 14" or 15"?

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
I posted a want but have received no responses yet.
via car-part.com only place to have one in CA is

M&M Imports in Fontana CA, 909-428-1111, $35.55 for the wheel. Doesn't say how many they have. Says this is a 'will call' only part, no shipping.

Steve

Diesel_Aggie

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 B4, 1996 B4V
We are talking about the stock steel wheels? Have you tried from Jim Ellis VW or 1stvwparts.com? Part number is 357-601-025-AC and on Jim Ellis it still gives a price of about $78.

I would also recommend you confirm it is really bent. On our first sedan I kept replacing "bent" wheels and the previous owner had replaced a bunch too. I figured he was old and hit curbs. I don't hit curbs and the problem continued. What I finally realized was that most Discount Tires I'd been to were not using the right adapter for the wheels on the balancer. VWs wheels are lug centric not hub centric like most vehicles. When the next "bent" wheel appeared I asked them to show me what adapter they were using. I then asked them to use one for lug centric wheel and it was suddenly straight. We don't have a ton of VWs in TX and this problem continues for me.

Last edited:

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
I don't know about that... VW discs and drums have a raised section that fits perfectly in the centerbore of VW wheels. I'm sure the ball seat helps, but I'm thinking the raised portion is there for a reason.

-Todd

RoseBud68

Veteran Member
TDI
'99 mk3 Jetta 1.9
I don't know about that... VW discs and drums have a raised section that fits perfectly in the centerbore of VW wheels. I'm sure the ball seat helps, but I'm thinking the raised portion is there for a reason.

-Todd
You are referring to the Hub center boar. On A3 they are 57.1mm. Simple hub center ring will keep everything in line.

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
I get that. Other guy said the bolts are what kept the wheel properly centered.

-Todd

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3

-Todd
Todd is correct, VW uses (needs) hub centric wheels so if the center bore is too large a person will need to measure and buy spigot rings.

Steve