2005 Passat TDI - feeler, if any interest I will List it.

hkfrost

TDI
'02 Jetta Wagon, '05 Passat
I have a 2005 Passat TDI. I am the original owner. 200K miles. Maintenance, updates/repairs on this car was done by one of our long time trusted professional TDI guru mechanics on this site. He will be able to verify the condition of the car. Runs great. I also have a 2002 Jetta TDI Wagon 5 speed, a pickup truck, a Miata, a 1983 Mercedes 300D diesel coupe two door, as well as a few motorcycles. My adult children who live with me just bought two Hondas, so as you can understand, I am overloaded with vehicles:eek:! I am now retired so I want to somewhat lighten up on my possessions as well as make some room in my crowded driveway. Price would be fair, but I just want to get a feel of any interest before I take photos and such. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks and Happy New Year.:)

dj

Veteran Member
TDI
(2) 2001 Golfs, 2002 Golf, 2006 Jetta
Given all the vehicles you listed above, how many are your thinking of selling? Only the Passat? Any of the others?

hkfrost

TDI
Given all the vehicles you listed above, how many are your thinking of selling? Only the Passat? Any of the others?
At this point, I would be open to sell any of the vehicles, if there is interest. Gotta make room. I mentioned the Passat more specifically because this is a TDI forum.

hkfrost

TDI
Why do you need interest..I don't get it. Why not post it for sale, and someone who's interested will buy it.
Johnny: Because, when/if I do post it for sale, I will go into more detail with pictures and such. If I sense there is interest, I will. If not, I am too lazy to do so. I haven't been on the forum in a while, and I browsed the "for sale" section and it doesn't look like it is brimming with buyers. Looks like sellers, with a lot of their own "bumping to the top" replies.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
You simply have not posted very much information about the car. No price, no accident history, no documented maintenance history.
Any number of Craigslist ads provide more information. This type of "feeler" is way down my interest list. Clearly, you do not seem like much of motivated seller. More like if I get a fat offer from a sucker, I will take it.

My candid advise is to put this car and a couple of your other cars on Craigslist and see which one sells first. Way more traffic/interested buyers on Craigslist. Buyers here require more effort than you seem willing to put into the sale. This is just my honest advice, for what ever it may be worth.

Clroads

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan, 05 Passat sedan
"My candid advise is to put this car and a couple of your other cars on Craigslist and see which one sells first. Way more traffic/interested buyers on Craigslist."
If you put more than one on Craigslist, you may be selling more than one. Good luck. Then just post reference to CL here.

deming

Veteran Member
TDI
(2) 2005 TDI Passat Wagons
I would not want to sell a sittin hen on Craigslist. In my experience most shoppers on Craigslist are a bunch of tire kickers and they don't have two nickels to their name.

E-bay is too expensive to sell items after all of their fees are paid.

His best place to sell the Passat TDI is right here on the tdiclub with a few pictures, solid price and an accurate description of the vehicle.
I.e. What has and has not been done in terms of repairs etc.

autotrader.com and autotraderclassics.com are also good places to list vehicles for sale.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
I've sold 5 TDI's in the last 9 years, all clean, low miles, excellent shape. One was sold on eBay (before fees got out of control), one sold local on Craigslist (to a neighbor, actually) and three sold here on the site.

A clean, low mile car in great shape will sell anywhere.

goldbrixx

TDI
zip
I'm in NJ and am looking for a Passat tdi, preferably a wagon. PM me. Would be good to know the name of the town your in to make plans to review the car(s). Thanks.

hkfrost

TDI
I'd be interested in the 2002 Jetta wagon. I'm in NJ Al
Thank you for your interest, but I don't think I will be selling the Jetta Wagon. I enjoy it too much, and I would not consider less than $10K for it. The Passat, on the other hand, I will be letting go for a very reasonable price.

hkfrost

TDI
The 2005 Passat started smoking and hesitating today. I am getting error codes "P0101- Mass or Volume Air Flow "A" Circuit Range/Performance", and code P0299 - Turbocharger/Supercharger "A" Underboost Condition". I do not want to have this car repaired. Time to move on. Let me know if any of you are interested in buying this car. I have no idea what it is worth at this point. Make me an offer. If no one is interested, I guess I will just donate it to charity.

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
Sounds like a simple boost leak to me but if it is still an automatic trans, chained BSM, and looks like a 200k mile car it would be a bit of a project.

Donating will net you a $500 tax deduction so if someone here bites with an offer you will likely be better off.

Send me some pics to copierbrain AT yahoo.com and I will see if it is something I can rescue.

Clroads

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan, 05 Passat sedan
Key off/ key on.
Also manual shifts for the first few miles 2.5k - 3k RPM. Intake cleaning. MAF sensor - plug and play. N57 not that hard to fix (replace). Most of the intake/ intercooler tube seals can be checked and replaced with simple hand tools with seals supplied by ID Parts. (Or others).
This is almost the same simple boost system as The MK IV (ALH) and a simple mightyVac gauge from Harbor Freight to test actuator and system for full on / off. Under boost would have to be logged (desired/ requested) vs actual. There is a simple vacuum line that probably broke at the top of the actuator. Also check air filter and fuel filter. Simple hole /crack in intake tubing can cause an under boost.

Current TDIs for southern NJ for price/ comparison

https://southjersey.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=tdi+vw

Or donate.

Last edited:

hkfrost

TDI
Sounds like a simple boost leak to me but if it is still an automatic trans, chained BSM, and looks like a 200k mile car it would be a bit of a project.

Donating will net you a $500 tax deduction so if someone here bites with an offer you will likely be better off.

Send me some pics to copierbrain AT yahoo.com and I will see if it is something I can rescue.
Hi Dogdots, I've had a crazy few days, sorry I didn't respond sooner. I will take some photos of the car tomorrow and send them to you. Thanks

hkfrost

TDI
Key off/ key on.
Also manual shifts for the first few miles 2.5k - 3k RPM. Intake cleaning. MAF sensor - plug and play. N57 not that hard to fix (replace). Most of the intake/ intercooler tube seals can be checked and replaced with simple hand tools with seals supplied by ID Parts. (Or others).
This is almost the same simple boost system as The MK IV (ALH) and a simple mightyVac gauge from Harbor Freight to test actuator and system for full on / off. Under boost would have to be logged (desired/ requested) vs actual. There is a simple vacuum line that probably broke at the top of the actuator. Also check air filter and fuel filter. Simple hole /crack in intake tubing can cause an under boost.

Current TDIs for southern NJ for price/ comparison

https://southjersey.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=tdi+vw

Or donate.
Thanks Clroads for the good info! I'll check it out, but I am going to sell this. Or donate to charity if no interest.

hkfrost

TDI
Well, the Passat is sold! Thanks for all the great advice guys! Now I'm thinking of selling the 2002 Jetta Wagon TDI, black, converted 5-speed, moonroof, cloth seats, with 162K miles, 45MPG HWY, great condition. I really like this one, but I simply have to "cull the herd". Looking for $7,500.