My rebuilt 04 golf

bmali98

Veteran Member
TDI
O4 golf pd auto
Here is my golf. I bought it branded after it was in a chain collision.it had 149000km. I had to replace everything on the front except fenders. On the rear I had to replace bumper and bend back the trunk pan. Silver is hard to match ( the hood is a different silver) so all the new parts aside from the hood are black. The front fenders were rotten so I fixed them and then painted the fender, lower doors, rockers and the rear whoosh panel black also. I put a stage 1 tune on it and started packing on the kilometers. About 250 a week day. I didn't bother to wash it for the pictures, it's not that kinda car.

Future plans include suspension lift, vnt17/160hp pkg, maybe a manual swap and maintaining a 12yr old car.

Last edited:

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
Last picture is upside down btw

Looks like a good project. Have you checked the cam Mike?

bmali98

Veteran Member
TDI
O4 golf pd auto
Last picture is upside down btw

Looks like a good project. Have you checked the cam Mike?
It shows right side up on my phone. Stupid Apple. I'm gonna check the cam when I do the timing belt in the next couple weeks. So far as I understand, the BEWs were better on cams than the newer 16v engines but I am going to check before I throw the turbo on it. Glad you like Bart.

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI 5 Speed
Wow the back of that thing is dirty, is it running bad?

Too many color changes in the body for my liking, but to each his own.

bmali98

Veteran Member
TDI
O4 golf pd auto
It's running ok. That's road grime. I knew full well when I painted it people would be on one side or the other. It is what it is which is what I like about it. The car has real street cred, not just stance and stickers. Almost glad you're not too fond of it, not offended. Different strokes for different folks. Cost me $50 to do that in 5 hours to fix the fenders also vs probably $1000 for new fenders and colour match on a car that already had black bumpers and a non matching hood. Car is worth nothing for resale bit it never was being that it is branded. Frugal, lol.

Last edited: