2000 Jetta ALH newbie build thread

HightechRedneck

TDI
00 Jetta, 00 Golf
I purchased my car on March 30th 2013 and since then have been very busy getting it to where I want it. So far it's been all looks with a few minor performance deals so I figured I would throw up a quick thread of the car.
When I bought it

Had rust, few dents, lots of scratches but 180k with a new injection pump and all papers.

Needless to say I saw the light in it so I picked it up.
That night it came home I spent over 2k on parts. Headlights, taillights, market lights, intake, arm rest, isspro gauges, wheels.

I had a vision of the car and how I wanted it so following weeks I had windows tinted 20%, debadged, new front spoiler added, spare key made, fixed check engine light, grille and did a full stereo install. It's been constant nights spend on it but its finally getting close to being complete.
Then I had an exhaust installed on it. 2.5" turbo back with a 3.5" tip cut out in rear spoiler along with taillights and custom paint touches.

This was up till this weekend. Car was scheduled to have a full brand new paint job, same color. So, I decided to strip it for the body man.

Since paint is being done right now I'm currently up to date on the car. I haven't owned it for 2 months yet but I'm averaging 49mpg constantly to work and then since its this far a new southbend stage 2 endurance clutch was ordered.
I simply love the car and can't wait to show you guys it completed.
Future mods are to do Bosio 520 tips and a Malone flashzilla with stage 2, 1.5 and Eco tunes. Goals are 60mpg. I have also talked to my turbo guy and he wants to build a vnt17 hybrid with a billet wheel and all the goodies. Possible upgrades.
But that's so far.

HightechRedneck

TDI
00 Jetta, 00 Golf
Pretty little 28lb box came in today.

Stage 2 endurance clutch rated at 350lb ft torque also included a single mass billet flywheel.

Install after back from pint this following week.
Then PP520s were ordered from Aaron at boraparts.com

craby1925

TDI
2003 Jetta Tdi
Is that .:R forshadowing a 4motion build?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk HD

HightechRedneck

TDI
00 Jetta, 00 Golf
It's going to be getting slightly built for ultimate mileage. Shooting for 60mpg prior to injecting anything or changing 5th gear. Sounds promising right now. Just hoping the vnt15 will last. If not a gt17 with be a replacement.

But I did take the car out today and shot a few pics of it dirty. Still needs some more buffing and wax in a month. Should look pretty decent when clean.

Last edited:

HightechRedneck

TDI
00 Jetta, 00 Golf
Thanks! That's the only way we have found to get all of our project parts into one 32x40 building.

I had the clutch installed Wednesday last week and man is it a dream. Drove the car to Indy this weekend and will a lot if messing around I still managed 47mpg. By messing around I am saying floating around with a newer vette, BMW m3, and a Porsche carrera gt. Figured out of the group I would be last to be pulled over. It's just a diesel jetta how can it run around 120+ with a vette. Love it and got a few good acknowledgements from all the cars.

BigBadThor

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Tornado Red Jetta Wagon GLS (sold); 2014 GSW Wolfsburg Edition CPO TDI
Nice, tasteful car. I like the black roof.

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI 5 Speed
Tail lights are too fast and furious for me, but otherwise its a nice clean car!

HightechRedneck

TDI
00 Jetta, 00 Golf
Thanks guys and those RICE taillights are long gone... OEM stuff now

Car has been through hell recently. And i mean that with a statement LOL

Blew up the turbo on the way back from H2O and am almost done with a 17/22 setup, 11IP, upgraded everything and a lot of other stuff. The looks are completely different too.