PPD170 Injector Failure, Siemens->Bosch conversion?

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
A3Q,A4Q, Passat Biturbo TDI
Today I drived and talk to VAG about how it goes with my A4 that arrived to them yesterday evening.
The guy behind the desk asked if it was the red one with big wheels etc. and in that case it was ready!
He told me they changed one broken injector and he never sayd a word about any payment, it was not even a question about that! So far I was pretty impressed...

But I had decided that ether way I was goning to fight for all injectors changed so I told him that I want all injectors changed because of all reasons you could think of and also showed him a copy of "unclesfunnyonions" letter from VW england. So he let me talk to the supervisor.
The funny thing was that I know the supervisor pretty well since many years :)(didnt know he worked there).
We had a long discussion and he said that it was impossible to make the Germans pay for the other three injectors since they work, and he couldnt let the workshop pay for it ether. But he took a copy of the english VW letter and should take this further and do what he could. He also noticed that I own 3 Audis and one VW and will most likely have more of them in the future.
I dont have to high expectations, we'll see but I think my trip to VAG couldnt have gone better.

Theo

Last edited:

kilner

Veteran Member
TDI
golf gt tdi sport ppd170
Today I drived and talk to VAG about how it goes with my A4 that arrived to them yesterday evening.
The guy behind the desk asked if it was the red one with big wheels etc. and in that case it was ready!
He told me they changed one broken injector and he never sayd a word about any payment, it was not even a question about that! So far I was pretty impressed...

But I had decided that ether way I was goning to fight for all injectors changed so I told him that I want all injectors changed because of all reasons you could think of and also showed him a copy of "unclesfunnyonions" letter from VW england. So he let me talk to the supervisor.
The funny thing was that I know the supervisor pretty well since many years :)(didnt know he worked there).
We had a long discussion and he said that it was impossible to make the Germans pay for the other three injectors since they work, and he couldnt let the workshop pay for it ether. But he took a copy of the english VW letter and should take this further and do what he could. He also noticed that I own 3 Audis and one VW and will most likely have more of them in the future.
I dont have to high expectations, we'll see but I think my trip to VAG couldnt have gone better.

Theo
I think it could of gone a lot beter i think the fact you kno the guy and could talk to him like a friend it softend the blow if it was some random person and you come away with only the one changed you wouldent of been happy

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
A3Q,A4Q, Passat Biturbo TDI
Thanks again Alex!

kilner.. Haha I understand what you mean, that is probably true. I havnt give up yet, and if they dont contact me soon I will contact them.

Theo

fergyp

TDI
gtb'd fabia vrs
has any one converted to bosch ecu from siemens on ppd170 how easy would this be? thinking of doing this myself then I can run some firad nozzles along with a gtb2260vk

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
My tuner did the conversion from ppd170 to pd140 injectors on a tuned care some years ago, not so difficult.
Inj. if i recall are straight fit, then there is some wiring but nothing difficult.
There are nozzles for your ppd170 injectors if you want to run them, ask CPC nozzles about.

fergyp

TDI
gtb'd fabia vrs
My tuner did the conversion from ppd170 to pd140 injectors on a tuned care some years ago, not so difficult.
Inj. if i recall are straight fit, then there is some wiring but nothing difficult.
There are nozzles for your ppd170 injectors if you want to run them, ask CPC nozzles about.
would it be easier to install a bkd engine wiring loom reason that wants me to swap over is the diagnostic limit when monitoring boost I Carnt read over 2601 in vcds, would you have a diagram for the extra wires needed to swap to the bosch ecu

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
I dont have it , but install ElsaWin and you have them for all models there.
I think you can also find this info online easily.

duke21

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 TDI BMN
This **** of Siemens injectors cant even be tested if flow is ok. Only what can check if short to ground (failure of old M models). How the hell can i know which injector is bad?