[1.9 TDI] XACT Flywheel

SkyRyder55

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI, 1990 Corrado G60 (AHU soon)
yes it should.
Most people have pretty negative reviews of lighter than stock weight flywheels. and i think those were usually in the 12-15 lb range i think. this is almost half that. Not gonna be pretty.

Blackseason

TDI
A3 8L TDI AHF 110hp (same ALH)
Yes they have negative review cause they dont know how to drive with it, have chatter cause bull**** lightweight flywheel, and doesnt know what they buy.

I have a car more for race and pleasure than for utility, so i'm not one of these.

Thanks for your response SkyRyder ;)

Another little question, i see on some sites that this flywheel must be used with an ACT Clutch, is that right ?

(This seems to me a little non sense but with the shape of the FW, i prefer ask that question.)

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
I have a 14 lb flywheel and am not fond of it's pairing to a dual feramic friction disk when I have to drive in stop and go traffic. Other than that, it's fine.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Hello everyone,

Wanna know if this flywheel http://www.ebay.fr/itm/271420098758 fit onto an 1.9 TDI AHF (or ALH, same) ?

I'm practically sure but need confirmation before buying.

Thanks to you all.

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/271420098758
If it's the exact flywheel as in the picture then it won't fit, it has 8 bolt holes to mount on the crank ! You need one with 6 bolt holes. I had a single mass heavy flywheel on a b6 audi a4 1.9 Tdi and the syncro's on 3rd gear were gone after about 3000 miles. Also, as digital corpus mentioned, taking off in traffic was rattling my fillings ! Not one i would use as a daily, race- i will think twice about !

Blackseason

TDI
A3 8L TDI AHF 110hp (same ALH)
Another question : Does i need to change the pressure plate bolts or can i reuse the old ones ?