HELP! What part is this?

Jaloosk

TDI
15 Passat Sport TDI
Hi, I have a 2006 TDI with the BRM engine (my son's car). The part circled in red is broken in two, and the dealer parts guy doesn't know what it is, and can't find it. It looks like it's a tee for a main vacuum line to me.

Can someone help me out here? What's the part number?

Thanks!

Last edited:

1972SS454

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI, 99.5 Jetta TDI
The engine in the picture is an ALH. That is a coolant tee fitting, comes off the head, the back leg goes to top of EGR cooler and other leg goes back to plastic fitting on upper radiator hose connector.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The tee is part of the coolant hose assembly. However, you can buy them by themselves. The part number is N-906-930-01. :)

However, perhaps you should show us a picture of YOUR car, as the BRM is very different than the ALH. Also, what can be helpful is if you can find a VAG part number on a hose that it is attached to.

Jaloosk

TDI
15 Passat Sport TDI

That's the part I need; photo from my sons car. This is on the back of the vacuum pump. Here is an overall engine shot for context (and just in case I got the engine code wrong)

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Ok, THAT is the vacuum supply tube. And I *think* the part you need is 1K0-612-041-DN but I would pull the assembly off and look for a part number to verify, as well as check by VIN with the dealer.