After posting, how to get back to daily topics

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
Maybe I just don't get it, but after posting
you go to a reset topic that you just posted too. Now I want to go back to the daily topics, but there just does not seem to be a way to get there, the back button takes me through all the posting that I have just done. I usually have to hit my favorites to get back to the daily topics, is there a button I am missing? Could one be added to go immeadiately back to the daily topics?

T5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
T5 Transporter 2.5
I just hit the back button rapidly and it always stops at the daily topics. Dunno what the right way is though.

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
Using the back button is slow with a dial up connection. Having a daily topic link would be very advantageous.

Barefoot

Veteran Member
Ripster, ditto on the return to active topic. Is there somethings to click other than the back button? It would be nice also if once you've read a post on a topic it changed colors or somethings. So when the thread reappears and it is a lonnnnnnnnng one you can quickly find where you last read. Or the daily active topic showed the new posts since the last time you visited in a different color and when you finished the thread and left the color was all the same.

Hondo

Veteran Member
Ripster same for me . I wound up setting my home page to the daily topics to get around the problem because it bugged me so much. So now I just hit the home icon in the tool bar after posting.
Hondo

ittrad

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS Silver
Or do this.... to reply, right click on the reply button. Do your thing , then close the window. Voila. Back where you started. Courtesy EMS.

Jamie

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
Such brain power in this group, it never ceases to amaze me how many ways there are to do one thing, and well it works. This has been posted with ittrad win98 and above
posting technique!

Hondo

Veteran Member
ittrad
Your idea is great! Never though of right click and open link in new window.
I’ll pirate this idea from you for use in a few other places! It can save all the back navigation when you are hunting through links in a site looking for something specific.
Hondo

[This message has been edited by Hondo (edited December 09, 2000).]

DeafBug

Gone but Never Forgotten: Requiescat In Pace
TDI
2001 NB
On IE, right next to the back button to the right is a down arrow. Click on that and select the third one from the dropdown list. It takes you back to the topics.

Don't know about Netscape or AOL.

Ric Woodruff

BANNED, Ric went to Coventry.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Ripster:
Such brain power in this group, it never ceases to amaze me how many ways there are to do one thing<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never cease to amaze others at work with my unusual way of doing things. I always explain: " there is more than one way to skin a cat".

------------------
Ric Woodruff

I'm not cheap... I just
know a good bargain
when I see one!

1998 Jetta TDI Custom Sport

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
I do the "open link in new window" item as I feel it works best. Then as items load I go through my 10 or so windows. Glad it works for you now Ripster.

Fred