2006 Jetta tdi Package 1 for sale

mainjet

Veteran Member
2006 Jetta tdi Package 1 Northwest, IN PICS ADDED

SOLD - PENDING PICKUP

Hello folks.
I have a 2006 Jetta tdi Pkg 1 with DSG trans for sale. This car is high mileage, it has 315,000 miles on it it's located in Cedar Lake, IN and I want $1000.00 for it. I bought the car brand new in 2006 and have owned it ever since until I sold it to my daughter who now owns the car. She has a new car now and I am selling this for her.
I am a little premature in posting because I don't have pictures. I am waiting on her to get me some but I thought I would go ahead and post while I am waiting.
It runs and you can drive the car. It shifts good and idles good. I have been a member on these boards since 2006 and you can look up everything I have ever posted about this car. I have Vagcom software and I would be happy to run a report for you or let you run it while you look at the car.
I promise nothing on this car but I can tell you everything about this car. I have been over every inch of this car over it's lifetime but you still have to realize it has 315,000 miles.
I just put a new alternator and battery in it, November 2017. I had Volkswagen install a new Turbo in it in April 2016. I don't know exactly how many miles it has on it since that time but my paperwork from the dealer will tell. It can't be more than 20,000 but I can verify all that for you.
I have installed a new cam and lifters at 203,923 miles. At that time I also did the second timing belt change (water pump, belt tensioner, idler roller and accessory belt). Volkswagen also replaced the DSG flywheel under warranty way back when it had like 50,000 miles.
The body is is good shape. The interior is kind of dirty, the radio buttons are flaking, the steering wheel covering is flaking and the drivers seat has a lot of wear as shown in pictures.
Bottom line is it certainly needs some maintenance but it's $1000.00 and it runs and drives fine. Vagcom it, drive it, ask questions until you are satisfied.
I will push her to get pics but if you are in the area and want to see it just let me know. I drove it last night because she hasn't been driving it much since she bought her new car (from me) so I took it for a ride to warm it up and get the brakes cleaned up a little bit.

Last edited:

mainjet

Veteran Member
PM answered.

Pictures added to original post.

I can pull up my invoices over the years for all my oil and filter purchases and any parts that I have ordered for this car. I always used the Volkswagen oil and filter from Volks until the Cam change and at that point I switched over to Liqui Moly Diesel High Tech 5w40 which I have used since then.

I have the receipts for the turbo purchase (new from idparts) and I have the receipts for the installation from Volkswagen.

I am firm on the $1000. The body is great, the interior is good except for three issues:
1. The drivers seat (see pictures)
2. The radio buttons and steering wheel covering flaking (see pictures)
3. The head liner back near the rear light is drooping a bit. I think this can be tucked back in but I just saw it the other night when I looked at the car and my daughter said it looks like it could be tucked back in so take that for whatever it's worth.

Mechanically - it starts right up and drives good. Shifts good and pulls good. I hear a little clunk occasionally when you turn the wheel hard that is coming from the right side. I have not investigated this. I also hear a little whine from that same side when you are just getting going. It seems to go away when speed is increased. Occasionally it will hit what seems like limp mode for a second. the car slows down and you have to let up on the gas and then it takes off again like there is no problem. I really believe that this is something more to do with a short or something closing the ASV valve or something like that. You do not need to restart the car for it to go away and it only happens now and then. But it did happen to me once the other night when I took it for a drive. It drove good then went into the slow down once, so I let up and then it went right back to normal and drove normally through all speed ranges for the rest of the drive.

Again, anyone is welcome to do a complete look over of the car with the use of my Vagcom software also. I will be there to answer any questions you have.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
Please let me know if the deal falls thru