Need help removing banjo bolt

BeeJee

TDI
98 TDI
Hey guys, I'm putting in a new power steering pump in the A3 and cant seem to figure out how to get this banjo bolt out. The bentley says to remove the lines then remove the pump but the way the pump is sitting in there means I cant get a wrench or socket to it. Do you guys have any tips or advice for this? Everything was going super smooth so this is kind of a bummer, I feel stupid since it's right there but I know some of you might know a better way. Pics for clarification. Thanks again!

Loaf

TDI
1998 TDI Jetta, 1986/88 NA Diesel Jetta
Bump.

I'm having the same issue. I've got more room to work than in this photo as I'm replacing the alternator at the same time, but I can't get this bolt to budge. I've tried all the usual stuff (soaked in penetrating oil, hit with hammer, heat) and have a 22mm socket on it, but it won't budge.

Anybody got a solution?

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Off set box end or even a crows foot. PB Blaster while you're waiting, spray it heavy and give it a little tap with a hammer.

maybe368

Veteran Member
TDI
Happily none
It may sound strange, but try tightening it a bit, after you try all the tips above.An old-timer taught me that years ago, works many times...Mark