FS: Replica Votex bumper, perfect condtion, fresh paint, yet to be mounted.

Greg_J

TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
Someone wanted to buy mine, and I decided that id like to move on, and get the bumper I origionally wanted, the OEM Bora R bumper. So now I'm selling my replica Votex bumper.

SOLD

Price is OBO, also taking trades for 5spd swap parts.

Please read below for details.

The bumper is the Dubtechnik Votex replica. Fresh paint (painted in December) and yet to be mounted since the new paint. it obtained some minor scratches previously when i had it mounted, and was repaired professionally and full re-spray. It was also professionally fitted by the same shop and fitment is dam close to perfect imo. and from what i heard, oem vortex fitment isnt any better. the shop also re-enforced the bumper as per my request due to the original design being to weak, the re-enforced areas are noted below.

Bumper is painted reflex silver with flat black on the bottom middle cross section piece. there are no grills for the bumper but it doesn't look bad without them. If you would want it in a different colour add about $400 to my asking price and i will have it resprayed to any OEM or custom colour. I will have to call the shop to find out exact price.

new information! just talked to Dubtechnik and they no longer ships to Canada, unless you are going to arrange shipping yourself, and UPS/fedex does not take objects this large according to them, so good luck. mine was freighted in on a transport that was passing though the area, it was dropped off at my workplace. So if you want a new replica bumper, mine is the best deal at the moment if your car is reflex silver.

pictures time.

as it sits right now in my basement with fresh paint, any marks you see is just dust from touching it, it is PERFECT

re-enforced area:

Only thing i would trade for is a perfect condition OEM Bora R bumper, as pictured below. Preferred unpainted, but if it is, to be in reflex silver.

Last edited:

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
ouch, i'd love a votex, but a replica for 800, can't you buy oems not painted for 800?

Greg_J

TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
vdubbing, i posted lots of pictures *insert screwy face*

redneckdzl, price is OBO,

yes you can buy non replicas not painted for about $800, but that doesnt include shipping from the states...so add in about $250 if not more.

plus non replicas still need work to make the fit well from what ive heard, none of them fit out of the box perfectly, while mine will.

consindering i payed close to $1000 to get this bumper in the state it is, i dont wan to let it got for $500 if you know what i mean. it is re-enforced in structural weak spots that dubtechnik failed to notice, and fresh paint with a clear coat, not a 1part paint. i admit, if your going to professionally show this car, its not perfect, but for any other showing i considering it perfect.

Greg_J

TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
as LNXGUY said, yes they're $235 american right now...but dubtechnik will not ship to canada anymore, you would have to arrange your own shipping. in total it would cost you $450-500 canadian with shipping to bring this bumper over. I contacted them asking them how much it would be to ship since i am selling mine, and they informed me of this.

also, as i said, price is OBO. if you can give me a reasonable offer or an object you want that i could use (parts for a 5spd swap hit hit) then we could have a deal.

Last edited:

ic_ou812

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI Reflex Silver
Ship it to the states. A quick hop over to save hundreds, why not. Check the stickies for US addresses.

Greg_J

TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
if you arnt going to support me and/or screw me over please dont post. show some respect.

as mentioned, price is OBO, im not gonna drop it to $500 in 2 days because no one is grabbing.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
If anyone has ever priced how much it costs to spray a bumper with base clear, they would understand. I assume you posted this on the Vortex too? They are vultures over there for lowballing, but a bumper will fit on a gas car too, so you will have a lot more exposure over there.

Greg_J

TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
yes I've posted there to. I've had one bite, he's still thinking about it. And as wingnut said, base and clear is not cheap. I paid around $450 for paint and fitting, and he cut me a deal on the fitting. the damage fixed and full respray was done for cheap since the original paint job was not done properly, and was pealing after 2 days. not the case with this one, because they light sanded and used the primer that came with the bumper which was the problem, they resanded down to bare material and used their primer. he re-painted for me when i was away for school and left the bumper in the shop while they re-enforced the bumper as per my request and fixed scrapes on the bottom.

here's a picture i just took of the finish on the bumper...you can clearly see the reflection of my basement and no orange peal

Last edited:

PHAT-DUB

Vendor
Nice bumper...they are getting rare. as stated before it is tough to sell a replica even if the people understand the cost of getting a proper paint job or not.

I was looking at buying one from the vortex just a little while ago someone had one for sale painted in mint condition for $900 firm but it was OEM...it did sale though rather quickly too...i guess because it was OEM.

good luck with the sale....i know its hard to take a cut.

Greg_J

TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
i remember that bumper, i almost bought it....

and to those that worry about the strength of a replica bumper, ive bottom out with this many times (including the first day i had it on...stupid me) and it held up fine less the stratches. one time i bottomed out hard on my girlfriends driveway, which has a raised manhole cover right in the middle, ended up breaking the mounting brackets on the car, while the bumper was just scratched. i wouldn't be afraid of breaking this thing easily, an OEM bumper wouldn't take much more abuse, if not the same, and your willing to abuse your oem votex that much then your insane lol. the middle section cleared by the cover 1mm, so the lower outsides hang down about 1.5cm, i was also driving about 15-20km/h into the driveway...(stupid me).

manhole cover: note, this was taken before the bumper was fixed and resprayed, so disregard the paint on the picture.

damage to the bumper...in addition to previous scratches.

Last edited:

VwPodRacer

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta PD150, 98 Jetta TDI
you can buy the oem votex one from the dealer for $750.. comes with the grilles and even the licence plate holder...it cost $250 to get a bumper painted at vw/audi in newmarket.. bumper comes primed;) but bump for a hot bumper lol OEM plus look all the way!

Greg_J

TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
you could buy the oem bumper from the dealer. believe me ive tried this route, they are no longer made or supplied by dealers, unless the dealer happens to have one in stock.

anyways, sale pending :D