2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL DSG Pure White/Quartz Grey

Scott02

Veteran Member
TDI
Too Many

More Pics found in post 4
...This thread will be very liquid for a while...
The Basics:
  • 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL DSG
  • ~25k miles at purchase on November 13, 2017
  • Leather multifunction steering wheel with paddle shifters
  • Pure White
  • Quartz Grey V-Tex Sport Leatherette two tone heated
  • Fender audio with spare tire subwoofer
Engine and Drivetrain:
  • CRUA 2.0 liter CR 150hp/236tq TDI Engine
  • Kerma Tune with Q-PRO for stock emissions and exhaust
  • Kerma dyno numbers 138whp/258wtq to 171whp/329wtq for +33whp/+71wtq over stock
Interior:
  • WeatherTech Floor Liners front and rear
  • PolarFIS (whenever they finally release updates for mk7's)
  • deAutoKey hatch area LED housing
  • Factory VW tow hook/eye from ECS (missing when purchased)
  • Factory VW emergency triangle from ECS (because there's a spot for it on the hatch) Asmerril Pics
  • MAYBE: Doubleapex garage door opener near shifter
  • NEEDED: 12v cig lighter always on "fuse mod" LINK
  • FIND: MDI cable port cover? Sell Ipod stock cable.
  • MAYBE: Infotainment screen protector glare eliminator Asmerril Pics
Exterior:
  • OEM splashguards from ECS
  • Yakima rail grab and cross bars with two Yakima FrontLoader bike racks and/or Yakima Rocketbox 16
  • deAutoKey reverse LED's
  • Curt 1-1/4" Hitch and ZCI Trailer wiring harness both from etrailer
  • Jack pad kit from www.e-adda.com Info here...TDIclub best jack points thread
  • GTI rear window side spoiler EBAY TDIclub post link Install Bought from e-acca.com.
  • Exhaust tips - OEM from Amazon
  • NEEDED: Alum Skid plate
  • NEEDED: Ed's headlights Link
  • NEEDED: Rear bumper protector badufay Pics
Rims & Suspension:
  • SEL Durban rims 18x7.5 ET51 23.1lbs with Bridgestone Potenza RE97AS 225/40R18 92H M+S tires
    These tires are 25.1" diameter, speedo reports ????
    May try 235/40r18 tires next for a little extra cushion Golfmk7 thread with wheel weight
  • Audi 8 spoke 15x7 ET45 with Kelly Charger GT 205/60r15, tires are pretty "eh" in snow, but 15" vs 18" feels WAY better for pothole season
    98-01 Audi A4 1.8t wheels - 4B0601025B Center cap - 4B0601165A
    These tires are 24.7" diameter, speedo reports 2mph high
Body Condition:
  • One small ding on driver's side of hood up by window
  • One practically invisible scratch on driver's rear quarter panel
Issues:
  • None yet
Maintenance:
  • future

Last edited:

Scott02

Veteran Member
TDI
Too Many
VCDS Tweaks:
Reference the following thread chock full of tweaks...
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/mkvii-vcds-tweak-reference-thread-98034.html?

Another thread with a few additional tweaks...
www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2491

Another...
https://sites.google.com/a/naturalnetworks.ca/vw-golf-mk7-vcds-how-to/

Another showing list of items that can possibly be done, though doens't actually tell you how to do them
https://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/vw-golf-7.php

Another list...
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7134970-VCDS-Tweaks-for-the-7R

ANother specific to golf R...
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7134970-VCDS-Tweaks-for-the-7R/page8

03 ABS Brakes
Changing XDS value Google sites mk7-vcds-how-to / set-xds-value
----- Note: the "Extended electronic differential lock" selection is not available for me
----- I used the "--no display--" selection to change XDS value to WEAK
----- Unconfirmed if this did anything yet.
Enable ability to select "ESC Sport" like GTI and Golf R on the Infotainment screen LINK
----- Unconfirmed if this did anything yet.
----- Explaination of driving modes and Stability modes LINK

08 HVAC
Set A/C to Hot Country https://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=5292140&postcount=544
----- Mine was already set to Hot Country
Display fan speed indicator when in "auto" mode VWWatercooled Post #188
Automatic air recirculation setting added to Infotainment
----- Google sites mk7-vcds-how-to / automatic-air-recirculation
----- I leave it off so that it remembers what I had it set on last
Retain passenger heated seat setting Google sites mk7-vcds-how-to / retain-heated-seat-setting
----- My driver's seat was already set to retain the setting

09 Central Electric
Turn on Alarm "Anti-Theft-System" TDIclub LINK
Turn signal flash count changed from 3 to 5 VWWatercooled Post #189
----- I had to reset all factory defaults in the Radio car menu to get this to work.
DRL's off with handbrake
----- (5)-Daytime running lights-Tagfahrlicht Dauerfahrlicht bei Handbremse abschalten == active (was active already)
Daytime Running Lights - turn off/on via Infotainment screen VWwatercooled Post #15
Add Brake function to inner lights (5 brake light mod) Google sites mk7-vcds-how-to / five-brake-lights
Combine Fog Lights with High Beam Lights irrelevant of switch position VWWatercooled Post #274
09 Window Comfort Opening/Closing with key-fob and also with KESSY Key-fob: windows open/close -including KESSY
----- Get pano to not open via fob or kessy, but let it close with both. Here's a link to possibly aid in this Rosstech Forum LINK
----- Currently Windows will CLOSE and OPEN with Key Fob
----- Currently Windows will CLOSE but NOT OPEN with KESSY
----- Currently Pano/Shade will CLOSE but NOT OPEN with Key Fob
----- Currently Pano/Shade will CLOSE but NOT OPEN with KESSY

09 need to add German note from second link above Set fogs to coming/leaving home instead of DRL's or Headlights
https://sites.google.com/a/naturaln...w-to/lighting/set-fogs-as-leaving-coming-home maybe turn off little orange led like this link says LINK
-----for some reason my DRL lights are still on, but I've seen pics of those not being on, need to research.

17 Instrumentation
Refuel Quantity shown on MFD VWWatercooled Post #48 - Point 1
Tach and Speedo Gauge Sweep VWWatercooled Post #48 - Point 2
----- Would love to know if I can get the temp gauge and fuel gauge to sweep as well?
Driving School screen shown on Infotainment VWWatercooled post 1066653
----- I had to hold the infotainment power button down for 10sec to reset to get this to work.
Battery state of charge on MFD was already enabled Google sites mk7-vcds-how-to / battery-soc
----- To use hold down "0.0" trip reset button until "charge" cycles on the screen, then release button to view state of charge.
Change the temp for black ice warning LINK
----- I changed entry temp from 4c to 1c and exit temp from 6c to 2c

1B Active Steering
Add resistance to steering wheel TDIclub MK7 Thread Post 733
----- Mine was set to "driving profile selection button" as default. I changed it to dynamic.
----- Still need to drive to confirm what changed (if anything?)

52 Passenger Door
Passenger Mirror Dip in reverse Google sites mk7-vcds-how-to / passenger-mirror-dip-1
----- Must have mirror button in "R" for it to work and enabled on Infotainment screen
----- Very useful option to turn it OFF for winter if your mirrors get frozen
----- It seems that when the mirror un-dips, it forgets where it was last set at.
----- Need to read here... Rosstech Forum LINK
---------- ... and check if my car has this memory module, but I'm pretty sure it does not based on the way the mirror un-dip functions.
----- Thread with part numbers or module that has the memory function in it Golfmk7 Forum LINK

5F Information Electronics
Infotainment boot screen logo change from "highline" (my SEL) to R, R-line, GTI, or GTD Vortex Link

FAILED...
17 Instruments: Displays to carbon fiber look https://sites.google.com/a/naturaln...ments/change-instruments-to-carbon-fiber-look
----- Cannot change to any other value other than the default "version 1"
17 Instruments: Lap timer active http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/for...ble-options-golf-mk7-84619-5.html#post1052178
A9 Struct. Borne Sound: Module does not exist on my car

NO INTEREST IN DOING...
3rd Brake Light - Various Tweaks

To do...
44 Power Steering - switch how the accelerator pedal feels. From reading it seems it will weight the front end of the pedal more than the way it is stock. Some seem to state it gets rid of the dead area feeling. Need to try it out. TDIclub LINK

ABS controller - starting vibration reduction - change value from strong to deactivated. golfmk7 LINK
TDIclub LINK
- If you look at the vcds code, it says torque reduction, which would apply to TDIs even more than GTIs. People always say the sportwagen can really pull at 3 & 4th gear. This is why. Power is cut in earlier gears unless you do this mod. Now 1 & 2 nd gear feel great.

Disable high beams as DRL and enable Fogs as DRL JASONP Pic
KESSY Auto lock doors/hatch when closing them when key is outside the vehicle Vortex Post LINK
----- There is some discussion about this not locking your fuel door. Need to confirm. LINK
17 Instrumentation: Adjust fuel guage level... and also how to tweak mpg numbers TDIclub Link page 3 TDIclub Link page 1
----- Fuel tank size is 13.2gal, but running slightly less than "0mi" on MFD I've only been able to eek in 11.5gal. Need to adjust. Changed to -8.8L. Need security access 20103.

Research...
Make inner and outer brake lights flash for turn signal ON. Also when turn signal on but in its off state of flashing, the brake/parking light goes completely out, which gives good visibility to the turn signal being on, IMHO.
----- Scroll a good bit down for all the coding LINK Another maybe helpful link Vortex LINK
Auto RainClose - activate... Tried to get this to work but it just wont. Need to do some more reading/tinkering
Enable traffic
Counter steer value? Counter to torque steer
Picture upload download?
Enable VIM video in motion and what file types one can play
Research how to change value % value for MFD mpg display. Growler said he did it here LINK How-to
If you read above in this thread everyone is complaining about the overlay in the backup camera screen... Vortex LINK
----- People say it also disables the backup sensors, which I do not have, so it may be a win-win for me. Need to tinker.
Way to start car, leave a key fob inside to keep it running, then lock the doors with another fob and the car will stay running LINK
Check to see if my volume reduces in reverse when rear camera is on?
----- I know this is typically a rear parking sensor item, which I do not have. Need to check. This can be changed to not happen if it does.

Researched... But no one seems to know how... Either for my specific golf model/engine/trans or the specific module(s) installed in my car...
Make radio stay on after pushing engine stop button prior to opening drivers door... Rosstech concept link, not how to do it
----- Really cannot figure out how to do this. Many say to change country code, but I do not see this option in my module.
Flash Audi firmware into cluster to get MFD to display gears in D and S mode LINK https://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=5344564&postcount=782TDIclub post 782
----- Seems this cannot be done with VCDS http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7150096-Is-there-VCDS-for-displaying-gear-in-D-or-S-mode
----- Seems we may be able to now! Rosstech Forum LINK ...
----- Or maybe not, maybe not work for DSG cars... http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...-displaying-gear-in-D-mode-(NAR-models)/page3
Add acceleration to MFD? Not sure where I got this from, or if I even saw it anywhere now. Need to research.

Wish list to ask on Rosstech forum...
Foglights as DRLs and to fix my coming/leaving with DRL on and Fog on after setting fogs to coming/leaing lights.
Can I get the Pano and power sunshade to work differently with kessy/Fob operation?
----- I'd like the Pano to function as I have it, but the sunshade to NOT mimic it anymore.
----- I do not like when I close the windows with the fob and the sunshade ends up being a 1/4 the way closed.
I miss my mk4/mk6 "bonk" when locking the car. Any way to add?
Get temp gauge and fuel gauge to sweep as well?

Last edited:

Scott02

Veteran Member
TDI
Too Many
VIN, paint code, and option code sticker found under "hatch lock carrier trim panel".

http://vag-codes.info/files/options/vag-option-codes.pdf

VIN:
NIV: Variant 2.0 TL
Engine code: CRU(A)
Trans code: QSD
Paint No: LC9A NW
Interior: 7622?
No Paint/Int: 7622?

Options:
X9A - LDA - National sales program USA
C0T - RAD - Alloy wheels 7.5J x 18
G1A - GSP - 6-speed automatic transmission
HX9 - REI - All weather tires 225/40 R18 92H xl (NAR) *North American Region*
J0N - BAT - Battery 330 A (61 Ah)
K8D - KAR - Station Wagon Variant/Avant
4UM - AIB - Airbag - Driver's and front passenger air bag, NAR with front passenger air bag deactivation (2stage)

DN4 - MOT - Motor - 4-cylinder turbo diesel engine 2.0 l/110kW (4V) TDI common rail;
--------------- b.e. T37/ TS1/TR1/T0P/T0N/T13/T29/TM4/TD1/TI9/T1I
----- T37 - GMO - 4-cylinder diesel engine 2.0 l unit 04L.L
----- TS1 - GMO - 4-cylinder diesel engine 2.0 L unit 04L.B
----- TR1 - GMO - 4-cylinder diesel engine 2.0 L unit 04L.A
----- T0P - GMO - 4-cylinder diesel engine 2.0 l unit 04L.E
----- T0N - GMO - 4-cylinder diesel engine 2.0 l unit 04L.D
----- T13 - GMO - 4-cylinder diesel engine 2.0 l unit 04L.F
----- T29 - GMO - 4-cylinder diesel engine 2.0 l unit 04L.G
----- TM4 - GMO - 4-cylinder diesel engine 2.0 l unit 03L.M
----- TD1 - GMO - 4-cylinder diesel engine 2.0 L unit 04L.C
----- TI9 - GMO - 4-cylinder diesel engine 2.0 l unit 04L.H
----- T1I - GMO - 4-cylinder diesel engine 2.0 l unit 04L.J

U5C - INS - Instrument insert, mph speedometer USA
1AP - BRS - Brakes - Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with electromechanical brake booster
V0A - REL - Tires w/o specification of tire brand
0A2 - TUE - 4 doors
0N1 - HIA - Standard rear axle *not 4-link rear suspension*
1AT - BRS - Brakes - Electronic stabilization program (ESP)
1G9 - RER - Space-saving spare wheel for temporary use, radial tire (5-hole)
1XX - LRA - Leather trimmed multi-function sports steering wheel w/ Tiptronic
2JB - STF - Standard bumpers
5RR - ASR - Right exterior mirror: convex (US)
7K6 - RDK - Flat tire indicator
2UA - SWP - Standard design *not sport, comfort, nor rough road springs*
5SH - ASL - Left exterior mirror: flat (US)
7II - AED - Vehicle class differentiation -5GM-
4X3 - SAB - Side air bag front with curtain air bag
7MU - AGM - Emission standard LEV 3/Tier 3 125
3L9 - SIE - Power-adjustable seat left, right seat with power-adjustable backrest
3Q9 - KOH - Three rear headrests
QI7 - SEA - Service indicator ( 10000 miles )
4A3 - SIH - Seat heater for front seats separately controlled
8ID - HSW - Halogen twin headlights
L08 - GKV - Suspension range 08 installation control only, no requirement forecast
G07 - DFV - Front shock absorption
I8D - RAO - Standard radio (Gen1)
B0D - BLB - Component parts set, complying with vehicle type for USA (without California), various parts
1N3 - LEN - Speed-related variable steering assist (Servotronic)
3FU - DEI - Big roof system (Panoramic moon roof)
4F6 - TKV - Central locking system "Keyless Entry" without deadlock (NAR)
4R4 - FEH - Power windows with comfort operation and circuit breaker
8Y1 - SNH - Two-tone horn
8L6 - ANT - "diversity" window antenna
9AK - HKA - Climatronic with impact pressure control free of cfc

So it seems I do not have the "electric auxiliary air heater" code 7E6 - WSA, but my heat does get warm/hot very quickly for Ohio winter's briskness, AND I have the option to select aux heater on my Infotainment... Hmmm?

Last edited:

Scott02

Veteran Member
TDI
Too Many
Uh, this is the Golf "Picture" thread...
From the top of the page...
"Do you have a Golf TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one."
... I lucked out seeing that after you posted! I'll get a pic up soon!

Last edited:

05GLX4MoWgn

TDI
2017 GSW SEL; 2011 JSW TDI
Also have SEL wagon with those stupid, rock hard, 18" low profile tires. Any alternatives out there? (Tire Rack says "any regular tire will probably rub the wheel opening") Hate the ride!