FS: SOLD 2005 passat wagon with 169655 in southern Va (Zuni) $750 Engine questionable

VWinZuni

TDI
97 Passat
Bad side: lost oil pressure light came on and idled approximately 3/8 mile home without light flashing.
New to posting but here is what I have thought of and have written down:
Good: Owned car for last 3 1/2 years, averaging 36 to 38 MPG. Last tankfull was getting about 1-2 more MPG. (was that an omen???)
Indigo Blue, leather interior. One small dent probably from shopping cart, and about 1 inch of trim torn off on back passenger side. Interior has no holes rips or tears, almost perfect. Sunroof works, heated seats work, and only drivers back lock is temperamental. Changed the oil at 7500 faithfully. Plan was to drive this till I retire and don't drive 75 miles a day. Tires still have plenty of tread. Service engine light for #5 glow plug, no other codes.

Previous owner history: Big stuff
58K changed to steel glow plugs and replace alt pulley
81K replaced with geared Balance shaft, new cam and lifters, oil chnage and new antifreeze
85K new shocks struts, brakes
96K transmission flushed, brakes (front)
108K new battery
112K transmission flushed in attempt to have all fresh fluid in last 16K
120K new front brake caliper
161K new thermostat
169203 oil change

Always used Pentosin oil
750$
Thought the oil pump and BS issue were solved by the geared balance shaft, and transmission being flushed twice I felt comfortable about trans issues. I don't want to put this in the garage taking up space for months while I chase down new oil pump, timing belt, and what else pops up. It could be as simple as a new oil pump shaft or could be much worse. Looking to off load so I can work on other projects - new garage.

Pictures are from 3 years ago. can't remember how to post picture with lots of dust and pushed in corner of barn.
s

Last edited:

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Need pics or a link to them. Thanks.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Nah - great to see a sweet car. Personally, I'd like to see a close-up of the Heat / AC / Audio control areas. Do you know the package specs - GL, GLS, ? Helps to know which options were included.

VWinZuni

TDI
97 Passat
Updated and dropped price to 750 to make room in barn for other stuff. I THINK I ADDED CURRENT PICTURES TO THE MEDIA FILE, NOT SURE, BUT I CAN SEE THEM.

Last edited:

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
PM me if you still have it