FS: 2002 Golf TDI 2 door ALH Manual, Wichita Ks.

pnelson

TDI
Golf 2002 TDI
I struck an object which pierced the oil pan. Unfortunately, the oil pressure indicator gave no indication of any issue so the first warning I had was when the engine seized. Since the vehicle has 298,657 miles it’s time to let it go.

So I’m offering this 2 door blue golf TDI ALH with 5sp standard transmission to anyone who would like a project vehicle or would like to salvage parts. I’d like to get $600. Having looked on ebay, the injection pump alone is worth $600. 90K tires have only 25K on them.

A little history of the car -- While replacing a turbo charger, the dealership had an engine run away and replaced the engine at 171,000 miles in 2010. (See this story here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=282458) In 2015 at 250,000 miles I had the injection pump rebuilt. Prior to replacing the pump I ran the car on WVO.

The car is located in the Wichita Kansas area. Please reply or PM if you have interest.

pnelson

TDI
Golf 2002 TDI
Thanks for your interest Overequipt. I can't seem to send you a PM. Please send me your email address and I'll send a link to pictures.

pnelson

TDI
Golf 2002 TDI
Hi,
I apologize that the car water spotted and collected dust. I tried to rinse off the problem areas and took close ups of the bad spots. If you are interested in the body and putting it back on the road, I can see if I can get a hose out to the car and rinse it off to get better overall pictures.

The pictures have been posted to my OneDrive location at: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsfreeAmp_aLjjQz-NqvKgFNkxVd
Let me describe some of these pictures:

20171018_181517 – Showing the soiling of the drivers seat. 300,000 miles even if averaged at 60 MPH, would be 208 days sitting in that seat. Really not that badly worn considering. I’ve always wondered what an upholstery cleaner would do but never seemed to get around to it.

20171018_181725 though 20171018_181856 – Close ups of some of the paint chips/flaws to give the idea of the size. There are better pictures included in this set.

20171018_181725 – This will also give you an idea of the micro-chips along the front edge of the hood.

20171018_182639 -- Maybe one of the worst issues you will have is the fuel tank. I ran WVO from the main tank an thus had installed a hotfox tank heater and fuel pick up through the side of the tank. You should be able to fiberglass over this or possibly replace the tank. Here is a web site with gaskets and plates which could be used to seal the opening -- http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=100/category_id=167/mode=prod/prd100.htm

P1150127 -- The fatal blow!

P1150139 – The latch on the glove box broke a couple of months ago. Notice the magnet where the rubber bumper used to be. There is a kit which includes magnets which does an excellent job of holding the door closed.

P1150142 – The three switches are the controls for my WVO conversion. The switches are just friction pressed into the opening and tied with string to the radio rack. Remove the switch cover to the right, cut the string and the switches will pull right out the front. The switch cover for this spot is in the pocket in the center console.

P1150153 -- There is a little staining on the lower rear seat back.

P1150163 – showing a couple of scratches around the right rear fender.

P1150166, P1150167 – Several years ago I put a few drops of paint over these scratches to prevent rust. (Unfortunately, the paint was not a real good match.)

P1150195 – Notice the little paint chip above the running light just above the pin-stripe. See the close up in picture P1150223.

P1150197 – There are several pictures showing the finish on the front and rear plastic bumpers. I generally try not to put the Liquid Glass polish on the bumpers. When my dad helps wax my car he likes to put it everywhere. I have assumed this is the acrylic Liquid Glass cracking and coming off. I have seen a few pieces about the size of half the palm of my hand peel off. It is a very thin brittle clear sheet.

P1150201 – Close up of the chip on the hood.

P1150204 – Chip on front of roof above the passenger. I have worried about this but I make sure I get it covered when I put the Liquid Glass on a couple of times each year. This spot has not changed in over five years.

P1150220 – The front air dam has been cracked for years. (Was cracked when I bought the car in 2007.)

P1150223 – The chip above drivers front wheel.

At 272,500 miles the inner and outer tie rods and the lower control arms were replaced and the front end aligned when new tires were installed. Both front wheel bearings were also replaced at this time.

I’ve attempted to highlight the areas which are not good. Really for a 15 year old car this is in very good shape. The only spot of rust I know about is the spot on the roof.

She has been a great vehicle. I really hate to see her go. I can’t stand the idea of her ending in a scrap yard or worse – the crusher. There are too many good parts on her. I would be happy if you can use anything and put them to use.