Installed Neuspeed's rear torsion bar

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
It was a birthday gift from my wife along with Diesel Geek's Sigma short shifter (Hoping to install this weekend). Link to the bar is here: http://www.neuspeed.com/343/0/0/3236/2502222-neuspeed-rear-torsion-bar.html

And yes, I have full plans on keeping the car. I installed it yesterday but haven't had time to drive it yet. I'm not an autocrosser, but I like to take the turns once in a while. When my commute recently changed to some highway and mixed back roads I started to feel the lack of IRS. It doesn't feel bad, but wanted to improve on it. Heard from others on here and Vortex that it makes a difference. I have no plans on lowering but maybe would consider a bigger front bar and a tune. Will update more as I get a chance to drive the car.

Install was easy on the lift. Not much weld splatters to remove. I used a prop rod to hold the one end up while I started the first nut and bolt. Depending on your speed to work it should take 1-2 hours. Neuspeed's instruction page: http://www.neuspeed.com/media/attachments/384_25.02.22.2.pdf

Pics of the finished install:

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
I would throw the short shifter in the trash. Snap shifting a dub is a very bad idea. You can destroy the syncros if you do it very much. If I want to do some aggressive driving, my car is just fine with the factory shifter throws.

Don't fix something that is not broken..................

the suspension mod does have my interest though report back with your results.

Last edited:

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Ride to work isn't as sporty as coming home, but it has shown a noticeable difference. I didn't get much time to push it anywhere but it does stay more flat (Than before). I've come from Mustangs (including my old 03 Cobra) that was solid with a full frame and IRS and this is certainly nothing like it. So for it's much improved but if you're a die hard, than you probably want a gasser with the TSI or even GTI. I'd say it's a nice improvement but will report back more with time with it.

I did get a picture showing ground clearance. As mentioned, it is hanging down approximately 1-1.5".

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
After almost two weeks I can honestly say that the bar has kept the car flatter when pushed hard and more fun to drive. It's a noticeable improvement but it's not like it's a proper sports car either. Overall, I'm very happy with the improvement!

I also installed my shifter today. Very easy install and provides exactly what I wanted: shorter shifts so I don't feel like I'm reaching so far between 1st and 2nd, and that notchiness that some people dislike, I love as it feels more direct like a rear wheel drive manual. It's nice not having to take my elbow off of the armrest to shift.

TDI_Rocks

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta TDI Cup Car Laser Blue
nice i was on the fence for my new 15 A3 this decides it for me thanks for the insight and pics!

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
NP. And over a year later I’m still happy with it on the back roads home from work. I’m at 45k now FWIW.

jerrymander

Veteran Member
TDI
f
All the Neuspeed bar did in my car was add weight. Short shifter is pretty neat, though. I also have a weighted shift knob.