AutoScan not reaching Engine?

hkbladelawhk

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf TDI
Just bought a VagCom off my friend, managed to get the DRLs off after some fiddling. Though when I ran a scan against my car, the engine would not communicate. Ideas?

Car is new with 1900 miles, and APR tuned. Runs fine, I just wanted to test the program out.

Last edited:

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Which VCDS cable do you have and what version of VCDS (Vag-Com)? You might post what you get from the attempted autoscan. The more information we have, the better our chances of helping you.

Have Fun!

Don

hkbladelawhk

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf TDI
Which VCDS cable do you have and what version of VCDS (Vag-Com)? You might post what you get from the attempted autoscan. The more information we have, the better our chances of helping you.

Have Fun!

Don

USB-HEX-CAN. I'll rescan and save the output, and repost. But the same "Cannot reach controller" message pops up when trying to reach the individual controller as well (Instrument OR Engine).

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Sooner or later someone from Ross-Tech will probably read this message and reply, but you might also want to send an email with your autoscan to Support@Ross-Tech.com. They are very good at figuring out these kind of problems.

Have Fun!

Don