Struts/shocks

Geist296

TDI
2015 GSW SEL DSG White with Quartz/Black interior
Have a question for you guys,

I have a 2015 GSW DSG, will be putting the Eibach lowering springs on her as soon as weather breaks a bit here in the Chicagoland. Qell I have 55k on her and figured I am doing springs I would change out the shocks/struts and considering how much these springs will lower the car thought about putting the Bilstein B6 performance for a Golf R. I figure the OEM replacements will fit no issues but the B6 seem to be 55mm vs. the stock 50mm thickness.

Does anyone think this will change the ride in ill ways with the Eibach springs or no?

Thanks, Rick

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
Had Driver Gear (eibach pro.kit) on my B6 Passat with B8 Sports. You want the B8 sports, as they are made for lowering springs, as they have different tuning with a shorter shaft. The ride will be stiffer, but not really harsh.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
FYI I can confirm 55mm strut diameter of a Golf R.

You'd be wanting to look for GTI struts, or GSW specific struts.

As for springs, what's your definition of "ill ways"? We have crap back roads around our house, no way in heck am I giving up travel for "sporty" handling, or looks. A rear sway bar improved handling enough for me.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
The B8s will be very firm with lowering springs. I'd personally try the B6s if I had to do it again. I have B8s and VWR springs, it's a tad too low in the front (have to use 2x6 wood planks to get it on ramps) and too stiff for daily driving IMO (the suspension bottoms out too easily). And 50mm strut is what the TDI uses up front.

Geist296

TDI
2015 GSW SEL DSG White with Quartz/Black interior
Thanks Guys, some great replies( unlike over on Vortex ). I was at a local performance shop that is specific to Euro's and he runs a Porsche for his track car. I mentioned it to him what my thought was and he say the Eibach's were designed around the factory shocks/struts, and at the most go with the B6( I am taking it this is the first step in there performance level, and the exact length as the OEM ones ).

On my Golf R( 2012 ) I have the VWR's with the stock struts/shocks and from what I have been told the Eibach's with the factory or B6 ones will make the ride and handling pretty close to that set up on my R. Thanks again Guys.

This is just another step in making my GSW a GTD,,,,And I said I was not going to do anything but wheels springs and yeah...Darn it I have a sickness